Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: habiff ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 03:10PM

It is called mormandna.org. He say's he is an amatuer apologist. His claim is to not prove the LDS church is true but to show that it "can't be proven untrue". His tactics are some of the most blatent spins, mental gymnastics I have ever seen. After reading his explanations I need to take two aspirin and lay down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 06:51PM

Sounds like he's trying to get noticed and laying the groundwork for future 'general authority' status. Ambitious chap...

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 06:58PM

NEVER Heard of him,But to me there is FAR more Proof agaiinnst the church!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 07:15PM

I clicked on the "homosexuality" category (because I couldn't find anything on DNA); there was a letter by an individual I'm familiar with (I went to school with his wife) who wrote a letter to BKP on the subject, describing the trials they've endured because of their gay son and their own LDS membership.

Our guy tried to answer it...

>The claim that the American Psychiatric Association is a provider of “sound medical advice”. From what I can tell, it’s an organization that has its ideas grounded less in science than their own particular ideology, which they try to back up through selective science. That said, I’m not saying I’m a proponent of reparative therapy. It may indeed be ineffective and damaging. Just because I’m against the APA doesn’t mean I’m in favor of whatever they are against.

Anyone who says the APA has "one particular idealogy" doesn't know squat about the subject...

> The author states “Homosexuality is not a ‘condition’ that can be ‘cured.’ My proof: I have yet to meet even one venerable grandfather with a fine posterity (or anyone else for that matter) who says he was once homosexual but was long ago cured…” The author may be 100% correct, but this still seems like a rather bold statement to make based on purely anecdotal evidence. It also seems like a rather illogical conclusion to draw from his experience, since it would seem that anyone who is a grandfather today and having grown up in society as it was, would be extremely hesitant to admit to having had homosexual tendencies. That is, there could be many people with the experience of having had homosexual urges 60 years ago who have been “cured”, but what are the chances the author would have run into them, and that they would confide this matter to him?

And after this "damned with faint praise" approach, the author states it might be a good thing for church authorities to pull Packer's "letter."

LDSFreedomForum offers a better "high."

Posted by: BG ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 07:16PM

He runs an "internet marketing company" that produces internet spam, and is illegal to operate in the US, therefore he does his operations in China. He is a Mormon Entreprenuer ... keep your hand on your wallet.

His stuff on DNA evidence for book of mormon is worthless.

Posted by: nomo28 ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 08:13PM

I skimmed a couple links. Kind of hard to take someone seriously who uses Wikipedia for references...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.