Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: disobedient ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 06:50PM

I've just downed 3 Milwaukees best. I think I'm good to go with talking about this subject. It's something I have done and do and its something we all have done or still do at one point or another. Former surgeon general condoleezza rice talked about masterbation and said in effect, "Masterbation is a normal part in the sexual development in a young persons life for the real act of sexual intercourse." She went on to saying that those who masterbate, are less likely to rape and commit other crimes. More so, those who DO not masterbate, "Or who are instructed to abstain from it," develop disorders that will hinder a healthy sexual relationship with a partner in the future. This information is coming from a United States surgeon General. I'm am certain that when surgeon generals speak, that they have the data and information to support their words. Other wise, why would they speak if they didnt have scientific documented data supporting their words? Anyway, what I am getting to is this, why does the LDSC teach that masterbation is immoral and unclean to children? Further more, why do they ask young teens if they do masterbate? What does the LDSC have to gain from asking this personal questions that are frankly, none of their Damn business?

When I was on my mission, I didn't masterbate for over 4 months. I woke up at 6:30am in the middle of a wet dream and I was kissed off and hella blue on the balls. Lol. I knew that my day would not have been productive if I did not take action upon my problem. Keep in mind, as a young man on a mission, woman are not to be looked upon and lusted after. You have to keep your mind on the work. Anyway, I took care of my problem. I guess my companion was spying on me because I was not a obedient missionary, and he must have sow something that he may or may not have wished to see. He confronted me about it in a indirect manner saying, "Does president know you spank your monkey?"

I felt dirty inside. I felt unworthy to serve the mission. I felt that because we were not bringing in the numbers for lessions taught and people baptized was because of my immoral action. Anyway, I got into a heated fight with my companion and I ran away instead if pounding his face in. I tore up my name tags and temple recommend. I called a friend to pick me up to take me to the nearest military recruiter. Instead, my friend took me to the mission home where I told my mission president that I wanted to go home. That I was done with the mission. That I have no desire nor will to be here any more. He told me to go to bed and sleep it over. The next morning, the mission president chastised me for running away and said that I will be given a new companion. From then on, I become dead inside. I was done playing missionary.

Soon after that experience, my mission president bought me new name tags and gave me a new temple recommend. In the interview, he asked if I masterbate. Quite frankly, its none if his business and none if anyone else's business what I do in privet. So lied. To this day, I have been living a lie. It crosses me, that I am not the only one who lies about SIN in general. It crosses me that the church creates liers. And living a lie can be lonely and leave you isolated and cut off from the world and people. In general, the LDSC creates liers. And liers live a deep dark miserable life. That's not healthy. That's not good for humanity.

When I came home from the mission, I encountered manny hardships. So manny you wouldn't believe. Having been programmed in the MTC and throughout the mission to get married and have kids "not to mention I was starved of female companionship, I was hornet when I came home. There, I said it! For the first time in my life I spoke the truth to you all. My girlfriend thought sex and intimacy and kissing was disgusting. I never once disrespected her in any way. So one day, after coming home from her house, I relieved myself. And I felt better and in control of myself. Anyway, I started smoking and I felt bad about smoking and I sought to see my bishops Council and advice for smoking. The visit with the bishop turned into a temple interview and he asked me if I masterbate. I told him that I do. And he said that I am braking the law of Chassity. He asked for my temple recommend on the spot and he took it away. I was disfellowshipped and he told me to give him a signal every Sunday for 5 Sundays if I have masterbated it not. I lasted 2 weeks and then I feel deep into hell.

I broke off the engagement with my fiance and broke contact with her family. I had known her and her lovely family sense I was 15. I ran away to Utah where I served my mission and went to UVU for school. I become so deoressed, that I dropped out of school and started drinking, smoking weed, eating shrooms, ecstasy, coke, and made a beast out of myself. I mean I went down hill fast and hard. To this day I still smoke merry J and drink and smoke ciggs. The only reason I haven't left the church is because of my grandmother. She razed me sense I was 14 when I was abandoned. It will kill her if I leave and I will be homeless is I leave. Im in debt, no car, no nothing. I live deep in the woods and have nowhere to go.

I know that leaving the LDSC will bring me the comfort and freedom from this hell I am in. I am absolutely terrified of leaving. I know that it is wrong to teach young teens that masterbation is immoral and that Jesus will suffer every time one masterbates. It's part of a healthy development in a young persons lives and to mess around with that WILL create a messed up person like me. I'm not alone. There are manny who feel as I do about this. Parents have the obligation and jurisdiction over sex education. Not a corporation with some dirty old man talking to a young persons personal life.

This is part of my story. I'm now 6 beers into this and I'm going to walk 5 miles to the gas station for more. Lol. I hope I have presented this post in a clean manner. This is my story. This is real. Really really really real life stuff that I think AND feel that the world should hear. If I am out of place, I will gladly accept the removal of this post. I am not the brightest crown in the box. I am not a super genius. I do not know where the line is and I apologize if I have crossed it. If, this post is to stay, what are you thoughts?

O! YouTube or Google "surgeon general condoleezza rice" on masterbation so you can see my reference in supporting my idea that masterbation is perfectly normal in the developmnent of a yong persons life. Further more, the LDSC is crupt in teaching that it is immoral to do masterbate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 07:12PM

You don't need to go for more beer. Just stay home and masturbate.

Forget trying to please people at church. Who cares about their tree-house temple recommend club card.

You have some serious work to do to decide how to live your life and go forward. It sounds like your grandmother is a good person. You don't need to confront her beliefs directly.

I think maybe you should look for small ways to improve your position in life. Any job to help pay some of your expenses and maybe concentrate on getting your GED (not sure how far along you are before dropping out). Consider community college or trade tech of some type. Make a goal to motivate yourself so you can get some kind of career and a better life.

The church, I'm guessing, is using you as an example of what happens to people who don't go to church.

In the real world, no one cares about masturbation. You sound like you could have potential substance abuse problems down the road. If religion is a tool that will help with that, great. However the best plan is for you to get yourself in a position where you can thrive, support yourself and find happiness.

Times are hard and good jobs are not easy to find just anywhere. Remember, small steps and planning can get you where you want to be. Good luck and thanks for sharing!

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 07:36PM

I have to wonder if you've experienced "real" blue balls, or if you think it's just an expression to describe intense frustration. In my experience, once you're there, the critical regions are in way too much pain to go back and fix things.

Posted by: mythb4meat ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 07:47PM

Condoleeza Rice was never the Surgeon General. You are probably thinking of Joycelyn Elders, who indeed made similar comments regarding masturbation....

Posted by: Yaqoob ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 07:56PM

If you live in the mid Atlantic states we can hang out.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 07:59PM

The people on this site are more your friends than any bishop or TBM, including your grandmother.

You're not a sinner. You're a victim of a lie, and it's good you're on your way to getting rid of that.

Be careful about too much beer. But spank the monkey all you like.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 08:00PM

Hey man you need to give yourself a break and realize that the things you have been taught in church were done to purposely make you feel guilty and bad about your very normal behavior. It is no different than telling a kid (or adult) they are bad if they think a bad thought. It is something that can not be avoided.

The only thing that the church is doing is finding creative ways to make people think there is something wrong with them. After all the church has to have a make believe disease in order to sell their make believe medicine to cure us all.

What they are selling is snake oil with the label "Forgiveness of Sins Juice" Directions: Apply twice daily and make sure to come back to buy more when you are running out.

Self stimulation is just the latest thing on their list of make believe "evils" that they are trying so hard to make people feel bad about so they will need to be "forgiven" by the church.

Posted by: Brian M ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 09:07PM

You are definitely not alone. Believing that masturbation is unacceptable was very distressing to me as a teenager. Catholics and Mormons commonly acquire a mental disorder called scrupulosity which is having harmful levels of guilt and shame for normal and healthy human behavior.

I sometimes feel a lot of anger when I think that all of that misery I experienced was for nothing and a product of absorbing poor advice from church leaders and receiving no advice at all from my parents about sexuality.

The mature conclusion for me has been to accept that there is no justice I can ever obtain for the damage that has been done to my mind, but I can accept the responsibility is all mine to take care of myself from now on.

It seems like you have a lot on your plate to sort out, which you also are not alone in. Just choose a few of the most important things you want to change about your life and forget about everything else. Simple things like getting drunk less often, something work related, and something hobby related.

Your grandmother will probably be much less upset than you think, if you just don't make a big deal about it and stay calm when you talk about your decision to not be involved in Mormonism.

Keep posting for awhile. You will get a lot of support, but also a lot of honesty, which has also been good for me.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 09:52PM

TSCC Shames itself when it brings up M, tattoos, while shirts, earrings, etc.

What's next? someone suggested: Color of shoelaces!

Major Infractions, dishonesty, etc? NEVER HEARD OF THEM!

Date: July 24, 2013 10:45PM

Thank you all for your uplifting and non judgementel comments. I am comforted knowing that there are people who are mature enough to speak up about a topic like this. "schmendrick" I will humor you by telling you that I have experienced blue balls. It's is deeply painful. I drove 45 miles home with them and the pain was horrible. Even more so after relieving myself but at least the pain started to subside slowly to where I could sleep. Just because I say that I am not the smartest crown in the box dosnt mean that I am ignorant in experiences. What I mean by me not being smart is that I am not formally educated. I have my GED and I completed one year of college at Utah Valley University before I dropped out. I am a stranger here and I do jot speak the language that is spoken here. However, I am learning. Again, please do not doubt my experiences I state.

I will learn to drink less as I Rediscover old hobbies that I have left behind. I will abuse substances when I am overly stressed. I live in Georgia and I am desk in the woods far away from a city. I have a gas station 5 miles from the house and that's it. I sold my car to join occupy wall street and left my job to protest big banks and businesses. That ended badly as I was beaten up with a hammer and left out on the streets. Lol. Good times... So, I'm living where I don't want to be living but I have no where else to go for the moment. My brother may have work for me next month so ky life may be getting better soon. O, he is my half brother and he is not Mormon. In fact, for years he has been trying to get me out of the church. Lol.

Any way, there was a surgeon general who talked about masterbation. I cannot remember her name and I'm too drunk right now to find links. However, tomorrow, I will post the links.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 10:58PM by disobedient.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 12:51PM

disobedient Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "schmendrick" I will
> humor you by telling you that I have experienced
> blue balls. It's is deeply painful. I drove 45
> miles home with them and the pain was horrible.
> Even more so after relieving myself but at least
> the pain started to subside slowly to where I
> could sleep.

I didn't meant to imply you were a dull pencil or anything, but a lot of people out there who have never experienced it (mostly female, and some lucky guys) hear talk about it and assume it's just an expression. For me personally, as mentioned, I have never been able to "relieve myself" of an episode. I just have to wait it out. I suppose you're dubiously lucky in that regard.

Thankfully it hasn't mattered for years. ;)

Posted by: homoerectus ( )
Date: July 24, 2013 11:39PM

Nt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 11:45PM by homoerectus.

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 12:23AM

Remember, you can't make it happen without "u".

This is the obligatory post someone has to make when it's misspelled. I guess it fell to me this time around.

Posted by: lostinva ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 09:03AM

This brings back the painful memory where I was maybe a month or two away from saying I was done with the LDS church. I had known of the stuff BKP had said about gays and masturbation, and I experienced a branch president SCREAMING at me for saying I was gay/celibate and masturbated. You'd think by his attitude that I was a child molester or something. He informed me of how he NEVER masturbated and that I was basically a terrible person needing to severely repent. The same bastard came to my house where I lived with mom where he was accompanied by another "brother" and proceeded to verbally harass both of us over a myriad of issues. These people shamed her for renting a house she could afford, because they thought she should be living in the projects instead of a house she was lucky to find with her meager income. It upset me so much I wasn't willing to ever allow them in house again, and she amazingly obliged.

We attended another ward for awhile where one meeting filled with homophobic comments from the congregation did it for me. She was asked to leave and go back to her branch as well (because we know how TSCC feels about choice). That began the next five years of fury and abuse from mom over my decision to leave and embrace myself. Oh, and BTW, I never was able to stop masturbating for more than a month. I only wish that masturbation had led to real sex far sooner. This was the same woman that said that if I "chose to live that lifestyle she'd throw me out". She thrust ME into living a lie, but I was too poor to leave. If I'd had anywhere else to go, I would have left years before, but that's a whole 'nother story. I rushed through college getting a degree I shouldn't have gotten, and the rest was history. This is just part of why I say the 2000's were a lost decade and why I can't say that any part was good. I have exactly zero good memories of being in my 20's.

Date: July 25, 2013 10:34AM

mythb4meat, you are right and I am wrong. I got the names mixed up. It was elders who sujested that masterbation be taught as a means of birth control during the Clinton administration.

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 12:28PM

disobedient Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Former surgeon general condoleezza rice talked
> about masterbation and

bwaahahaha

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 01:48PM

I confessed to my stake president before a mission and he still let me go. I confessed to my mission president and he let me stay. I confessed to my bishop as a married man and he let me renew my temple recommend after a couple of weeks of prayer and repentance.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a tool of the cult to subject every man, women and child to guilt and remorse, to put them in their place.

As I look back I can imagine that every man in the church, every apostle and president has masturbated at some point. There are those that confess and those that cannot bring themselves to admit it. It reminds me of some politician who is running based on his christian principle and high moral ethics condemning sinners and is later caught with a hooker. Every bishop, father, young man in the church today has a dirty little secret. I will refrain from generalizing about females.

You can't go against nature which perpetuates life through reproduction. You might ask what is the purpose in life?

Procreate and masturbate when you can't.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 03:50AM

So glad you were able to open up to the lovely people on this site, disobedient. You are a normal young man, with normal urges, who has been made to feel SO bad for something that EVERYONE does.

Like many others I am more concerned about the drugs and booze and your feeling of being stuck, than anything else.

Please listen to what the other posters have said, and I send you my very best wishes. Take care!!!

Date: July 26, 2013 12:32PM

Thank you. I've made some small steps to a road of recovery from the LDSC and its psychological abuse that is the root of my addictions to beer. I made a call to talk to someone about my destructive thoughts and feelings and I must say that it was the best thing I've done in a long time for myself. My eyes are opening to "measuring" my reality instead of visualizing and measuring imaginary ideas from the minds of man. My world of reality has been split into 3 worlds. First, is the world of the LDSC. Second is a agnostic world. Third is a world that I am creating from my experiences of the LDSC and agnostic world. This third world is MY world. It is a world where I am in control of my mind. It is a world of logic, science, information, and measuring with a hint of agnostic to keep the door open to the possibility that a supreme conciousness exists because I do believe in possibilities. That, and I loved God. I loved the idea that I was in reality talking to a heavenly father and I don't want my negative experiences with the LDSC to completely destroy my thoughts and love for a God. I think in order for me to heal and to protect myself from future threats to my being, I must live my life agnostic. I just don't want to ever be so ignorant that I fall down to the ideas of another entity that seeks nothing but for its self.

Posted by: doubleb ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 02:10PM

Disobedient, my thoughts:

1. Masturbation is normal, healthy, and normal. Yeah, I said "normal" twice.
2. You're not a bad person, you're not a freak because you touch yourself. Nearly everyone does it. Exhale.
3. Your body is yours, do with it what you want. There is no god so there is no shame. Shame is a learned response. Going poo isn't bad. Neither is beating off.
4. The LDS church teaches that masturbation is immoral and unclean to keep you in their mind control game, to keep you coming back to church for guidance, to keep you in the fold, to validate their position, to get your tithing.
5. Drinking, smoking, and drugs are 10,000 times more harmful to your body than masturbation.
6. Yes, those who refrain from beating off create pent-up emotion, anxiety, rage, and stress. Whack off and the tension goes away.
7. In fact, the key to not raping or commiting violent crime is to beat off and smoke weed.
8. Realize that the Mormons who are most vocal about masturbation (or homosexuality or drugs or any other topic) are likely the most active closeted masturbaters.
9. You're a good dude. Masturbate at will, watch all the porn you want ... just do it privately and don't talk about it. It makes everyone else uncomfortable.
10. If you do talk about it (confess to bishop, etc.), listeners feel obligated to come down on you, shows them you're weak, gives them power.
11. Wait until your grandma dies to formally leave the church. You can stay in, but not mentally, until then. Life is a marathon, not a sprint.
12. And try an import beer once in awhile. Stella Artois, Fat Tire, Corona or Heineken are my bag. Milwaukee's Best is thin. Hang in there, brother.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 05:27PM by doubleb.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.