Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: readingrice ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 05:32PM

YSA Ward Sunday school. Early 20's TBM female.

Called herself "The Crazy Cat Lady."

During the lesson she says:
"I never knew Heavenly Father until my cat wandered into my life. Every day she approaches me, gives me a kiss on the nose, and cuddles with me. That's how I know the church is true and I know Heavenly Father is real."

Whatever drug she's on, I want some.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 05:34PM

I just want to meet this cat!

Posted by: readingrice ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 05:36PM

She named it "Sphinx" Is that sacreligious? :-0

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:08PM

I have a wonderful cat too, but ummmmm never quite thought of it as HF love! Just me I guess.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:39PM

Toxo plasmosis can really fuck some people up.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:42PM

"And when I die, I know that my cat will start nibbling on my corpse as another sign of His love."

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:45PM

To me, dogs show what unconditional love really is, and what I think a God's love should be.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 08:01PM

I'm totally naming my next cat Jesus.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 08:03PM

If your dog behaved like God, you would have to have him euthanized for his own good and for the protection of your neighbors.

Dogs are consistently loving. If you come home at 6:00 pm weekdays, your dog will be waiting for you, tail wagging, every day glad to see you. God seems to be gone when you really need him.

Dogs are generous and try to please you. They may bring you a mouse they caught to make you happy and to share. God on the other hand, may be in the basement working up a nice liver cancer for you, his beloved daughter.

Dogs never forget who feeds them. They know they can turn to you when they are in need and you never fail to provide. Can you say the same thing for God? For real?

Dogs are loyal and try to figure out what you want them to do by trying different things and looking intently at you to see if that was it-- sit, lay, jump, shake hands...etc. God doesn't seem to care what you want. You pray for tall, dark, employed and handsome and what do you get? Paunchy, old bald guy, unemployed with a drinking problem, followed by addicted skinny guy with bad teeth but a good job. You begin to wonder if God even reads those emails you send....

Anagrammy :)

PS. All in fun, all in fun....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.