Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: disrinctly unimpressed ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 05:27PM

http://www.deseretnews.com:80/article/865583578/England-hosts-new-LDS-pageant-Truth-Will-Prevail.html

"England" does not equal "Great Britain". There are busloads of member volunteers from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and Eire involved in this pageant. This will cause a stir.

Can anyone explain how to save the original, before the avalanche of outraged emails cause them to change it? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: darksided ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 05:49PM

"performing for upwards of 1,500 people a night." hahahaha, they WISH!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 08:09PM

That was a typo. They meant 15 a night.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 06:56AM

200 cast members means ~400 parents (most of the cast members are youths) + ~400 siblings

so they are pretty much guaranteed 800 in the audience (and wont they crow about that number!)

Posted by: Nevermo1 ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:26AM

Funny!

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: July 25, 2013 11:23PM

Are they bringing back roadshows now?

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 02:11AM

The poor suckers who act in this fiasco had to pay their own way. It's not enough to fleece 10% plus other donations, and all their free time for useless callings, these sheep must pay to get others to drink the koolaid. Who in their right mind would watch this crap? Who gives a rodents buttocks how sheeple became mobots? The morg is just so frickin out of touch.....no one cares about mormons. No one wants to be a mormom. They are just so insignificant, except to themselves. As others have posted, when they were in the morg, they thought people admired and respected them because they were so righteous. Um, no, people thought they were weird and culty, but said nothing to be polite. So very, very clueless. One of the requirements of the morg.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 02:16AM

So now the mormon church has moved on. They are now in the business of raping the minds and souls of the members and future members of the UK?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 02:16AM by Mia.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 02:22AM

My ancestor was one of the first missionaries to England, in those days. He was a polygamist. I wonder how the British welcomed that. Maybe he kept it a secret, and manipulated people into joining, with the promise of prosperity in America.

Ha-ha-ha! Well, we know there will be at least 200 attending, and that will look like a crowd, though it is all cast-members. Isn't that how it works? Like that fake New Years Eve fireside in SLC, when they forced YM/YW kids to attend, and put parents in a position of driving them there, and sitting through the program, to drive them back home. I remember they put 3 or 4 Black kids in the act, and the cameras kept panning to them. These "events" reek of phoniness, and are nothing but publicity stunts.

Posted by: distinctly unimpressed ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 03:14AM

Members have been advised to travel en masse in coaches with other members of their wards/stakes, to avoid the protestors the local leaders have warned everyone will be protesting at the gates. ("Insider information", said one person, with a knowing look). Members have been warned the protests will be very large and very ugly.

Persecution complex bar none... Travelling by coach because parking is an issue, maybe, but to make grown adults wary and afraid of protests ahead of time- sigh.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 06:24AM

This event isn't even big news inside the Church.
Tickets still readily available folks.

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:16AM

I heard some members talking about this yesterday actually. I didn't understand what they were going on about, but reading that article it makes sense now. I know at least two people that are going.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 06:28AM

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 08:07AM

What's disrinctly mean? Lol

Date: July 26, 2013 08:21AM

It's good to know that, in true Mormon fashion, they are highjacking key incidents from other religions to bolster their belief that God loves them the best...

"It begins with William Tyndale and John Wycliffe," said James Holt, communications director for the pageant. "There is a rich heritage of religious reform in the U.K., and the pageant gives background to the reformation that laid the grounds for religious freedom."

"William Tyndale (sometimes spelled Tynsdale, Tindall, Tindill, Tyndall; c. 1494–1536) was an English scholar who became a leading figure in Protestant reform in the years leading up to his execution."

Talk about being self-absorbed....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 08:22AM by Stumbling.

Date: July 26, 2013 08:31AM

I wonder if the Pageant will dramatise the discrimination of Black people...it would be very inappropriate to have black actors playing the role(s) of a Priesthood holder(s) in a scene(s) dramatising events that happened prior to 1978.

They wouldn't be that stupid....would they?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 08:33AM by Stumbling.

Date: July 26, 2013 01:47PM

Lol Fidget. "Disrinctly" means I was posting in a hurry!

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 26, 2013 01:50PM

I figured hahaha.

Just thought I'd check ;)

Date: July 28, 2013 03:34AM

Looks like tickets may not be shifting very quickly: a call to arms issued here today:

https://m.facebook.com/LDSUK/posts/594838090538826

Posted by: Tara2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 04:01AM

Chorley is in England so that is geographically correct.

If folk are coming from the Republic of Ireland, as well as Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England then participants are from the British Isles, which encompass two separate nations.

Tricky political and geographical stuff here.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 05:32AM

I'm tempted to pop over there on 31st to see if I can pay on the door - I'll be willing to bet that they'd snatch my hand off but I would decline and come home when I see the place is full of mormons.

There's a decent market in Chorley - I need some new undercrackers.

There's no promotion of this event in the local newspapers - not even the free ones.

I'll pick up a copy of Lancashire Life to see if there's anything in there. Everything of note in the area gets coverage.

Here is the local list of exciting things to do in and around Chorley this month: http://www.wow247.co.uk/

Briggy

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 05:51AM by brigantia.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 01:02PM

I saw the press release from the church in the Chorley Guardian and the kicker at the end that it is not just for members but 'The pageant is open to all, not just members of the Latter-day Saints, but entry is by ticket only.'

To get a ticket, one is required to fill in all personal details on their website, including phone number.

There's not mention of provision for those who decide to turn up on the day, like me, who just might out of curiosity roll up to the big white mausoleum down the road to see what is happening, if anything.

The Chorley Guardian has printed a press release and it is clear from the article that the 'thousands' will be members and investigators bussed in from various locations. This is a niche event that hasn't, to my knowledge, caused any curiosity in this area.

I'd more likely to hear 'lock up your daughters the mormons are coming'!

I could be wrong but we'll see. There'll surely be another press release after the event to show people in Lancashire what a 'wonderful' day they've missed.

Briggy

Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 06:29AM

http://britishpageant.org/ - official website. I put a thread up a few months ago asking if anyone knew how planning was going. It looks like they're still desperate for people to go!

Posted by: Flyinghigh ( )
Date: July 28, 2013 07:28PM

I know there is a great deal of excitement among the members, especially among young people as see this as such profound confirmation of the Lord's one and only Cult.
You have to remember, the members in the UK have not been exposed to the unpalatable truths concerning the Cult, anywhere near as much as their American cousins have, and especially so among the obedient, ask no questions elite UK youth. Stripling warriors et al!
Maybe the comment at the foot of the article may wake them out their trance like state of induced superiority.

http://www.chorley-guardian.co.uk/news/local/thousands-expected-at-chorley-pageant-1-5856688

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.