Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 11:43AM

Now that I am no longer attending TSCC, I love Sunday!
1. No more going to bed early Saturday night
2. No more getting up early for Church
3. No more fighting the kids to get ready for Church
4. No more sitting through mind-numbingly boring 3 hours of Church
5. No more sitting through additional stupid Sunday meetings
6. No more postponing yardwork to the next weekend
7. No more fighting Saturday-night shoppers at nearby stores (yes, I live in Utah)
8. No more waiting to do shopping until Monday for the items I forgot on Saturday
9. I can spend more time with loved ones
10. I can enjoy 2 days off per week!
11. I can enjoy some great series that air on Sunday like Game of Thrones and Dexter

God, I love Sunday!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 11:58AM

+100

My wife and I have been out two years now, and not a Saturday goes by without a playful "Have you got your lesson ready?" On Saturday night.

Sundays are awesome now. Yesterday I went flying, did a long run, went out to dinner with wife, son and his wife and their two kids, played with my ham radio, and watched a movie with my wife.

Love it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2013 04:43PM by left4good.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 12:01PM

Yes, Game of Thrones and Dexter! My spirit is full edified after watching those.

Posted by: queenb ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 12:34PM

yeah, its pretty awesome to have a REAL weekend!!! Cant believe this is what I was missing out on for my whole life!

Posted by: ck ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 12:36PM

We decided to stop attending church and this was our first week off. Yesterday we drove a couple of hours to a great water park and took the kids down all the water slides, in the wave pool, etc. We had a blast! After that we went out to dinner, then drove home. Everyone collapsed into bed last night.

It was way better than waking up early, fighting everyone to get dressed and out the door, spending 3 hours in meetings having my kids taught things I do not believe and that have little to do with Christianity, then spending the rest of the day trapped inside the house trying to figure out what to do and ending up with a huge mess to clean up at the end of the day.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 04:42PM

ck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We decided to stop attending church and this was
> our first week off. Yesterday we drove a couple of
> hours to a great water park and took the kids down
> all the water slides, in the wave pool, etc. We
> had a blast! After that we went out to dinner,
> then drove home. Everyone collapsed into bed last
> night.
>
> It was way better than waking up early, fighting
> everyone to get dressed and out the door, spending
> 3 hours in meetings having my kids taught things I
> do not believe and that have little to do with
> Christianity, then spending the rest of the day
> trapped inside the house trying to figure out what
> to do and ending up with a huge mess to clean up
> at the end of the day.

CK,

Not sure why your post makes me so very happy, but it does. Thanks for posting that. Good for you guys!

Date: July 30, 2013 12:02AM

Welcome to having a full extra day of the week!

It's been about 2 months for me-- we now call Sunday "Funday!" (or Sinday depending on the context)

;)

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 04:44PM

That and the 10% raise make up for all the family BS I've had to deal leaving.

Posted by: Jesux of Nazdaq ( )
Date: July 29, 2013 04:47PM

I agree. I remember feeling bummed out Saturday night because Sunday was a boring day. By Sunday evening, I felt ok with going back to work on Monday because Sunday sucked so bad.

Now, I love Saturday nights and don't get bummed out till late Sunday when I remember work is the next day.

BTW, Hangar18--are you from Ohio?

Date: July 29, 2013 04:50PM

Nope, I'm stuck in Utah

Posted by: truly82 ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 12:11AM

We now jokingly call it "Sinday" or "Funday" too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 12:13AM by truly82.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 06:35AM

Ihave been out for so long now that Sunday is just another day. But every now and again, I think of what I was doing 20 years ago and have a good giggle. It is winter here and I spent part of yesterday (it is Monday here) soaking up the somewhat weak winter sun on my back porch while reading some non-scripture like stuff. GREAT!!

Posted by: brian ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 10:05AM

Sunday is the new Saturday....nice. I have not been attending for about two years now. Sunday is a great day, no longer filled with meetings, agendas, goals, responsibilities, pressures, etc., etc, etc.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 10:13AM

is a holiday weekend, because we have TWO days off.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 12:48PM

There's a lot of pleasant "no mores". But when you've been in the church for 48 years, having grown up in the church, there are some unpleasant ones too. You feel a bit isolated even though you're trying to build new relationships to fill the void of not being able to talk to family and friends (as you slowly realize that perhaps they weren't that good a friend in the first place once you've left the church). As you make new friends you still feel like an outsider as many of your new friends have life-long friendships that you were not a part of. You're a newbie to them and it will take some time to foster their trust. If you attend a new church, you'll find it difficult to assimilate as the new church initially will feel foreign to you. People may be a little offstandish knowing your Mormon roots and many churches aren't very much interested in the Mormon style fellowshipping - you will have to seek them out, they will not come to you or call you to any church service. Spousal relationships can be strained even though both of you have left because your exit out of the church for a time may have made you depressed, withdrawn, angry, etc.

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 12:52PM

When I was little, I frequently thought about what it would be like to have a free Sunday, without having to do anything church-related, and how awesome it would be to have a WHOLE other day of just resting. Yeah, it is awesome to have a "long weekend" every week!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 12:52PM

You made me remember the first Sunday after I realized the church was a lie. Having a brand new day added to your week was a very thoughtful gift from the universe.

The best part was the quality of the sacrament went up by a gazillion percent. Wonder bread and water is no comparison to a lusty red wine and a crusty French bread--with cheese!

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 12:55PM

Word. Sunday really is our day to relax and be lazy. It's beautiful..

Posted by: truly82 ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 02:48PM

So if Sunday is supposed to be the day of rest, how come it was the most stressful day of the week?
That never made sense to me.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 02:55PM

Growing up, Sunday was my least favorite day of the week.

Now it's my favorite by far. I specifically do .... Nothing.

Posted by: OY VEY! ( )
Date: July 30, 2013 04:34PM

I divorced my TBM EX husband only to turn around and marry a nice Jewish fellow who now wants to attend Shule (sp?) (like sacrament meeting for those that wonder) and every bar/bat mitzvah each SATURDAY!!!

WTF? I want a 2 day weekend, too!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.