Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: startedthinking ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 03:56PM

Do you want to go to ysa conference, please sign over your privacy.

"an irrevocable and perpetual licence to use, exploit, adapt, modify, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform and display, in any form now known or later developed, your photograph, voice, likeness, and/or image, throughout the world, including in publications, brochures, promotional or marketing materials, books, magazines, broadcasts, internet websites, videos, photo exhibits, or other media"

Called the stake, they said this was normal and that everyone signs it. Even TBM husband refused to sign it and his registration wouldn't go through.

It's the small print that gets you every time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 04:15PM

Each of you bring your right arm to the square.

You and each of you covenant and promise before God, angels, and these witnesses at this altar, that you do accept the law of consecration as contained in this, the book of Doctrine and Covenants [he displays the book], in that you do consecrate yourselves, your time, talents, and everything with which the Lord has blessed you, or with which he may bless you, to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for the building up of the kingdom of God on the earth and for the establishment of Zion.

Each of you bow your head and say, "Yes."

That will do.

Posted by: startedthinking ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 04:29PM

Point to Elder Berry.
Perhaps I can sneak in a word or two to those who have not yet been to the temple and let them know that this is just a small precursor to what they will be giving up later.

Posted by: shazam101 ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 04:16PM

'Nuff Said"!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 04:19PM

Wow, just wow.

Those attorney's must be working overtime. Apparently someone somewhere has sued them for doing exactly these things.

Let me see, YES! I would love to be used, exploited,modified, and displayed any way the church chooses to use me to manipulate and prevaricate in order to promote their company.

Anyone who signs this is out of their mind. Especially if they're signing it for their children! They can then use your children's image, etc. etc. and it's irrevocable and Perpetual? In case someone doesn't know, that means you have no say and they can use it forever if they want to. Yeah sign me up.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 04:50PM

from the school, and from Girl Scouts when signing up for camp. The difference is that we actually had a choice. And their use was limited to newsletters and brochures. The didn't sound like they were going to use it for bigtime marketing from now until forever.

They were giving us a privacy option.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.