Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: startedthinking ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 07:08PM

Would love to know what is in the workout hymn mix, considering they are using Eye of the Tiger for the video..
Thank you for the smile, Anonsc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 10:06PM

"Description
The LDS Missionary Workout Program is the biggest component to total LDS Missionary Health and Fitness. Often times, young missionaries enter their service calling of being a full time missionary by completely putting their fitness on the back burner. Now missionaries can serve full time and stay in shape with this revolutionary workout program engineered by fitness professionals to maximize the 30 minute allocated time for daily missionary exercise. The LDS Missionary Workout Program is a daily workout system that uses dynamic exercises and six sigma principles of efficiency to work out multiple muscle groups and cardio at the same time.
The LDS Missionary Workout Program was engineered by leading fitness and health professionals in support of the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints who have asked that all full time missionaries exercise for 30 minutes every morning. The LDS Missionary Workout Program offers an advanced workout regimen to the missionary's daily schedule. The program includes a wealth of bodyweight exercises that can be performed without equipment. The program also includes colored photos and the SamsonĀ© Power Formula, a simple formula for tracking your physical progress. More highlights of the workout program include scriptures on every page and workouts listed for everyday of an LDS Missionary's mission numbered from Day 1 to Day 630. This is by far the biggest component to missionary fitness for pre, present, and post missionaries. Note: Workout not limited to missionaries but is also family-friendly "

Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 10:07PM

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 10:17PM

This is ridiculous. All the mishies I've seen spend their entire day biking around town knocking on doors. Do they really need another 30 minutes of structured exercise on top of that? I think they need a nap and a session on RfM instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2013 10:18PM by truthseeker.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 11:15PM

Posted by: Lenina ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 10:34PM

I like it! Even though I no longer sympathize with the church, maybe something like this a few years ago would have made me a little more inclined to stay.

I'm a certified personal trainer & yoga instructor and it was quite an adjustment to go from TBM to spending hours in a gym every day with shocking music being pumped through the speakers (that music is disgusting & shocking to me) and people wearing sleeveless form fitting clothes & short shorts (gasp!)! Haha now I wear that stuff too and feel so free...

But honestly this missionary workout program is something that makes me very happy and wish I'd thought of it! What a huge market there is for it.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 11:12PM

In the 80's missionaries were given a fitness tape to take with them into the field. It was a cassette tape that walked them through a variety of exercises. The evil American (me) used to copy music for them (which they swore they only listened to on their day off). The cassette tape I was given the most was the exercise tape.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 05, 2013 11:48PM

I should clarify. The fitness tape was the one they wanted me to put the music onto. Basically tape over it. Somehow that was left off my post and I have no idea how to edit a post.
Have to remember in my day we used clay tablets.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.