Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 01:05PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=bWWNxQf7yW8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DbWWNxQf7yW8%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

This is a four minute theater-in-the round produced infomercial about faith and struggle. Staged tears, doubting the sunrise, and embracing faith through hardship.

I wonder if his struggles have been his own recent abilities to successfully deceive in a less controlled environment.

Jeff, I don't even know what it is you are selling anymore. Is Mormonism the One True Church still? If I say that's not True, I've heard you tell others it's best they move along then.
Where's the conviction and fire, find your Bruce R. and let go of Droopy Dog. You can be a prophet too, but you need to get over being wrong, and just keep insisting in light of all Truth and Knowledge, that Mormonism has always been and always will be The One True Church and that all 7 billion human beings on planet earth will embrace Mormonism or be found unworthy of Celestial glory.

The disappointed academic just isn't going to stop the deceived former Mormons. We know you and we know your tactics, we see you. Oppress the TBMs, they like that stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 01:07PM by gentlestrength.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:12PM

"man's extremity is god's opportunity". Holland is selling that the members sacrifice everthing until they can't stand it before god will bless them. You're either in all the way, or you're out, Holland cries. He wants to break the members' bank and get everything he can from their time.

He's a fucking asshat for scamming these people for everything he can squeeze out of them.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:20PM

Boy, that cameraman sure likes that redhead.

Posted by: s4711 logged out ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:27PM

Good actress, too.

Date: August 15, 2013 04:32PM

She has a mic in her hand. Literally.

Date: August 15, 2013 04:33PM

Holland spends most of his time on her, too. (Not literally, of course.)

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:52PM

...this is exactly why the word "shill" was coined.

Posted by: Odell Campbell ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:25PM

The theatrics, the fake emotions, the obviously staged audience, and especially the message. I just threw up. How many times was that filmed? I guess he doesn't have a good side - how may takes were made to learn that?

His message: "Give us everything, you life will suck, proof that you're doing it right." "My life sucked once too. It seemed as though the sun came up for everyone else but not for me [ignore the narcissism] but then I found my keys[I through the last part in only because Holland seemed to avoid describing his own Gethsemane].

I showed it to my office-building neighbor who is a mainstream Christian evangelical. He asked if Mormons believe in the concept of grace and then was really bothered about how depressed the message he had just heard made him feel; left the room shaking his head just after mentioning that he thought an obvious red-flag was that he was selling doctrine to his church's members.

Posted by: cognitiveharmony ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:50PM

WTF? TSCC must really be tanking. If you're trying to sell religion, wouldn't you at least try to sell a happy one?

Posted by: annony ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:00PM

If you're not miserable you must not be carrying your weight. If you are miserable it's because you're not doing enough. If you're even more miserable you're probably sinning. See how you can never be good enough?

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:57PM

"You have to pay something..." referring to God's grace, salvation etc.

No you don't.

What a chump.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:01PM

I believe it was Carl Sagan that said something along the lines of - "Those who preach of the virtues of sacrifice are usually those that wish to be the slavemasters."

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:10PM

What better way to keep the sheeple in line than to tell them that suffering is part of being a TBM. He knows that TSCC's requirements are going to make the members suffer, now they'll just be more accepting of it. What a douche.

Posted by: annony ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:26PM

I couldn't make myself watch that. He's disgusting.
Looks like the TV evangelist with the expensive suit and just a bit too much gold jewelry. His style is condescendingly nauseous.

Posted by: brett ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:29PM

Agreed. It's seeing things like this that remind me how blessed I am to be out of the cult.

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:27PM

The plygs have stay sweet.

It looks like churchco. is going to go for stay miserable.

Posted by: pop-tong ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:38PM

That was his book trailer... Wow; I thought "apostles" were supposed to give the message of Christ away for free!

If he doesn't know he's selling a scam, he's mentally ill. And by the way, he comes across like a cheesy televangelist. It is disgusting that he is preying upon the brainwashed and mentally challenged.

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:44PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjv3nAr0U44#t=1m3s The physical similarities are palpable. It's hard to say which one inspires me more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 05:49PM by mrtranquility.

Posted by: TW-RM ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:52PM

Not one scripture quoted, just a lot of "I think that..." or "It seems to me..."

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:13PM

Hang on,

I thought the gospel made you happy and being obedient gave you blessings?

Is that not working out these days?

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:25PM

Posted by: ananimoas ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:34PM

Why do I want to jiggle that neck flab?

Looking around that room, I'm so glad I'm not part of that nonsense any more. Sniffle, sniffle, wipe eye. So special...

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 06:38PM

Oh what a scam... Jeffery is miserable...you are miserable also. So when Jeffery will the masses not be so miserable following TSCC? Jeffery you are as susceptible to life's miseries as anyone else. The difference is that "you" suck the life out of people with your BBS.(benevolent) You make your living on the backs of your slaves that you keep in bondage in a cult with your self-serving piety.

Jesus said to him, If you will be perfect, go and sell that you have, and give to the poor, and ... you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have wealth in Heaven ; and come, follow me.
(Matthew 19:21)

Jeffery Holland said unto him, If you will be perfect,give all you have even if you are poor and give it unto the TSCC. And I Jeffery Holland will decide to whom I will give your gift, even the poor, or some of the poor, well a small percentage to the poor. And you will have wealth in heaven, but you will be miserable as hell if you follow me, but you will be blessed, and I Jeffery Holland will be blessed even more with the wealth I should have given to the poor. But I looked and could not find any poor amoung them so I kept the money for my friends and family. And I thank god for the blessing.
(Jeffery Holland BS 101:101)

This is what your god told you to do Jeffery. It is clear to me that you will not obey your god.

Edit for further rant: and you built a mall Jeffery! You built a mall in the name of god? Really? Who came up with that one Jeffery? God? Did god, in a revelation tell you to go down and build a mall upon the earth to bless the members with the ability to shop with Jesus? You have to be out of you mind to think that mall was okay with the man upstairs...wait it was okay with the man upstairs...I think his name Gordo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 06:56PM by oldklunker.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 07:30PM

There is no limit to the use of martyrdom-persecution as a mormon teaching tool.
.....and the Oscar goes to the token attractive dark haired man and red haired woman.

I liked one of the comments on the video about paying, "didn't Jesus already pay?" lol

I wonder if the weight of guilt of deception and dishonesty is getting to him enough to rig a tearful display as a reminder to keep on paying. On second thought I think that's doubtful since it appears to me this man has no conscience to guilt.

Posted by: Erictheex ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 07:39PM

We have lied and stolen from you. We have manipulated and controlled you. We have made you suffer. But don't you see silly, it's for your good!

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 07:54PM

ha,ha,ha
I can almost see the edit snips and re-takes going something like this:

keep on paying those tithes (snip)
what's this sermon about again (snip)
oh yeah, keep on paying like Jesus did (snip)
not enough tears (snip)
re-take for more tears
oops, Jesus didn't pay money (snip)
I mean, keep on paying the *price* like Jesus did (snip)
will that give enough subliminal tithe-persecution inferences? (snip)
re-take for Red headed woman to get teary on 3, 2, 1 cue tears
re-take -- not enough tears from Holland (snip)
re-take, Holland isn't a good enough actor to produce genuine tears
cue the red-head for tears and sad face......and then cue the smile.
yep, it's a wrap.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 09:35PM

He's no dodo. Nossir.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.