Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anono ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 09:47PM

I told her it was over. She has been crying and crying and promising never to do it again. This is the first time she has ever hit anyone. She says she will see a counselor and that she would never dream about hitting me again.

I feel I need to see a councilor to. See if I should break up with her. She seems really honest that she won't do it again. But maybe I am a victim in denial.

She is saying me calling her an abuser forever is unfair because this is the first time she has ever done something like this. She does seem really sincere and I love her very much.

I don't know if I'm expecting a different answer but this is harder than I thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomo28 ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 09:56PM

Hey there anon...

I've kind of read through your threads today while I was at work... If it would have been an isolated incident of crazy, I would say give it one more shot. But that's how I work.. Everbody gets one... But, I did read what you mentioned about her throwing glass or something at you. I don't know either of you, but from what you have said, she seems to have abusive tendencies. RUN!! The crying and emotional stuff is what abusers use to manipulate. Do not fall into the trap. I wish you luck, and please get yourself some help if you feel you need it.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 10:19PM

The part that really, really concerned me was the part where she was so out of control where she injured herself to the point that she needs to go to the hospital.

At the very least I think you two should take a big step back, move apart, get some space, attend counseling together, and see where it goes that way. Better to separate and attempt to rebuild that way than to stay together and risk things getting really ugly and out of control.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 10:41PM

I agree totally, if you want to pursue the relationship through counceling, do it APART! This whole thing just needs to be reframed and redone. If it works through councelling then that is fine, but if it doesn't you are at least apart and safe. I KNOW it hurts, but I was in an abuse relationship, and beleive me all that disapears the next time she gets mad, and you could get really hurt. All the "forgive me's" in the world didn't work for my ex, he just kept it up once the heat was off.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.