Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 04:23AM

Poor woman, she has been seriously mind controlled. I am glad she is getting the message that she has rights.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 05:10AM

Well, In MORmONISM there is such a thing as intra marital adultery .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsi-r1amY0 just past 3 mins in

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 09:15AM

My parents did such a good job pretending feminism had gotten women voting rights and a few nuts were burning bras in the 60s and 70s, but all that was done with, that I did not learn how much further it had all gone until I was a sophomore in high school.

My husband laughs at me, but there was a lot of cover-up going on. ERA failed, and mom helped. Now if it had succeeded, we'd have unisex toilets and never be safe from rape, but as you can see that didn't happen.
Women would be forced to work, maternity leave would be slashed and children would be in mandatory daycare.
See, didn't happen!
And since I only associated with mormons outside of school, and my classmates were too busy studying to get into social issues beyond their little cliques... I really had no idea!

And my family mormons would have been delighted if I missed the message entirely, but I caught on and burnt my own bras, setting out on my own with no man protecting me. And now my mom is jealous of all the things I got to do that she tried to pretend I had no right or safety to do. Well, she could have done it all too, but she bought the mormon line that she had no rights.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 09:21AM

I don't know about "seriously mind-controlled," but I think this is a perfect example of how the patriarchal church teachings (bow your head and say yes, be obedient, man is head of house so do what he says always) is damaging and abusive. From my objective exmo perspective, that poor woman was in an abusive relationship. She didn't learn that from the mormon church. She mentioned some beliefs that sounded like she was raised pentacostal or some other fundie evangelical religion. I'm just glad she got out before her children internalized the idea that abuse = what a normal relationship looks like.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 09:21AM

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 10:30PM

Posted by: qwerty6pack ( )
Date: August 15, 2013 11:00PM

Mormon guys have no game, no seduction skills, and no technical ability in the sack.

They do not study anatomy, the g spot, inner and outer labia, sensual massage, tantra, oral. Nothing.

It's discouraged and taboo.

So if you cannot seduce, what's left but to command?

There is a wide, wide world of sex available, for free.

I say, seduction is fine, but rape is unspeakably ugly.

Find a willing partner, or get some mad skills and create one. Get good enough and you may find that your partner is a fiend!

My .02

;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 11:00PM by qwerty6pack.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.