Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 12:30PM

Do they still excommunicate you for joining another church? I am interested because my daughter has decided to trade lies and is getting baptized into an evangelical church this Wednesday.

If she gets ex'ed it will make my wife think more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatiswanted ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 12:32PM

Yep,

If she is baptized into another faith that is ground for excommunication.

But most bishops probably would not do so unless they had a bug up their butt about it.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 12:40PM

It's actually a change from the CHI 2006 to the CHI 2010. The new version of unalterable, straight from dog doctrine says if you join another church, that is grounds to be exed. The old one specifically said it was not.

Date: August 19, 2013 12:43PM

Thanks

Posted by: CHI2010 ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 01:01PM

My recollection of the 2010 CHI is joining another Church is grounds for discipline if one advocates for its teachings or against LDS. Does anyone have a current copy to verify one way or the other?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 01:09PM

They ex whoever they find offensive enough and it's usually fairly easy to dig around and come up with grounds and hearsay evidence.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: August 19, 2013 08:33PM

At he risk of sounding pedantic she is not getting "baptized into an evangelical church". She is getting baptized as a demonstration of her choice to follow Christ. I don't know of any evangelical churches that use baptism as a rite to membership in their particular denomination...unlike the LDS Church.

Date: August 19, 2013 10:58PM

My apologies, you are correct, but it is just a different load of the same bull manure.

People using guilt and fear (but you WANT to live better now that you are following Jeeesus) to control behavior.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.