Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: God ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 02:19AM

Self-Righteousness

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 02:27AM

That they treat other people in ways they themselves would never tolerated being treated.

(And a shout-out to their bad manners/poor social skills)

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 02:29AM

Contrived.

They are unable to have genuine interaction. They are like bitter housewives that stay at home all day dreaming up ways to be insulting (without appearing to be) kind (when they don't care or wish the opposite). They rely upon phrases and thinking that is pre-rehearsed at church or through apologetics to participate in discussions. They just can't think and interact spontaneously or sit down and discuss whatever topic is at hand.

I didn't realize this until I had years of interactions with the housewife across the street from me (it is a male by the way) who is nevermo. Helped me realize why he and mormons were bizarre to interact with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 02:59AM by templeendumbed.

Posted by: Family Secretary ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 02:41AM

Why the heck can Mormons get away with bad-mouthing and gossiping about ex-Mormons--they can accuse us, have meetings about us, spread rumors about us--yet we never have a chance to tell them WHY WE LEFT!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 12:35PM

They say "If you want to know about Mormonism, ask a Mormon." But when have they EVER said "If you want to know why someone leaves the church, ask an ex-Mormon." Never - because they don't want to know. They just want to slather on the sort of condemnation and judgment that would make them howl persecution, if they were the recipient.

Posted by: rick beals ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 06:39AM

They lye and they steal

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 07:24AM

They assume they know what you're thinking and why you do what you do, but they don't care enough to ask.

Posted by: antipodeanheathen ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 08:51AM

They exist

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 09:41AM

antipodeanheathen, For the Win!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 09:41AM by Bite Me.

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 09:28AM

Cockiness, self-righteousness, racism, homophobia, sexism, etc

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 09:54AM

Mormon-brain syndrome -- it prevents independent thought.

The result is bad news at all levels of human existence:
- sexuality
- business
- equal rights
- education
- politics
- land management (environmental protection)
- creative arts
- etc.

It's as if mormons have a governor on their mind that only allows a certain amount of development and of independent thought. Go beyond that and the hammer drops. More likely: mormon-brain syndrome will be so thoroughly inculcated that most mormons will not be able to exceed the "speed" set by the governor.

Posted by: X'd @ 10 ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 10:58AM

Their driving

Which I think is the manifestation of sexual frustration

Posted by: jonathantech ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 11:01AM

In and out of lanes :) ROFL

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 11:00AM

Mormon Drop-Ins: That's high on my list. Whether they know you or have never met you, they feel entitled to knock on your front door and ring the doorbell several times late in the evening. I can't be the only person who doesn't answer the door late in the evening to unexpected visitors. This begs the question: If they are out in the evening visiting inactives, and several don't answer, then what is the point? Just busywork? So they can respond in their meetings that they went by but no one answered? Do they intentionally know some are "Do Not Contact" listed? Are they intentionally trying to aggravate the inactives/exmos? And, finally, don't they have anything better to do?

It's puzzling.

Posted by: icedtea ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 11:09AM

Intolerance of anyone/anything different.

Judgment.

Double standards.

No critical thinking skills (and none wanted!).

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 11:13AM

icedtea nailed it--no critical thinking skills and none wanted.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 11:38AM

My parents still consider me their property because they made me. Fuck that, I'm 35 years old!
Oh right, I don't have the penishood in my home, I married a nevermo, and I'm female.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 12:39PM

God Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Self-Righteousness

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 12:42PM

Visions (literally) of their own grandeur.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 01:30PM

My Evangelical friend is every bit, if not more, self-righteous as my Mormon friends. She has told me that everything she thinks and says is now coming straight from God so she knows that all her actions are what God wants her to say and do. And of course she "KNOWS" this is true because she receives assurances from God that she is in his good graces. Nothing I say or do could ever come close to that so I stay pretty far away from her.

The trouble with Mormons is they lie. Most don't know they are spreading lies but the ones who do know don't care. It's the lack of caring about the lies that I find to be the worst thing about Mormons. Lying for the Lord is considered honorable. Yuck!

Posted by: tomie ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 03:53PM

Showing up on your doorstep uninvited. Especially when it is someone you don't even know.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.