Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 08:48PM

I ignored them - I think it was probably obvious that they were being ignored, too (two cars in the driveway, lights on in the house, etc), but I'm not bothered. I've told them several times I want no contact from the church - they may claim that they come back due to turn-over in the area, but I know for a fact that they keep a record of inactive members and their interactions with them.

I watched them leave, and I noticed that they looked miserable. Not necessarily discouraged (though it's probably implied), but like two guys who were irritated and just counting down the days til they get to go home.

After they left, I waited a minute or so, then went out for a walk. I wanted to see if they just stumbled on my house while tracting, or if it was a calculated visit. As I walked to the end of the block, I saw that they had parked their car around the corner and were sitting in it. Interesting...I probably would have been more likely to go to the door if I had seen a car in my driveway, but whatever...I'm glad to know what their car looks like so I can ignore it in the future. I made eye-contact with the missionary driving the car as I passed - they made no effort to step out and talk to me (seems like a first - missionaries always seem anxious to hop out and talk to unsuspecting pedestrians), but I have a feeling that they knew that I was the person they were trying to talk to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 09:11PM

I'm sorry sparty.

Friggin' cult . . .

;o)

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 09:14PM

No worries - it's really no bother to ignore them.

I last attended church there 8 years ago...both those guys were in grade school the last time I darkened the church's doorstep! Most other churches would just assume that you aren't a member anymore after that kind of time!

Anyway, I've told them several times that I want no contact from them - if they aren't going to acknowledge that, I will.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.