Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 04:38PM

This is more than "tricky," it is stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7rIAiJTho4

WTF. Wow. Just because something is possible doesn't mean it should be reinforced by a religion.

This is like saying that because it is possible for me to live if I give a corporation 10 percent of my income even though I believe nothing it preaches but my wife is doing it and believes a lot of this crap.

God expects Jimmy to be celibate. What a guy God is.

Why is "brainwashed by the church" so funny? Oh, because it is true.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 06:03PM

Asking someone if they're brainwashed is useless. No one ever THINKS they're brainwashed. It's not until you get out of a situation that you can see it.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: August 21, 2013 06:55PM

I agree. It's too bad, but all that would do is offend them. And if they ever get out it will make them feel stupid for being offended. But it would be among the least likely things to cause a riff in someone's testimony

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 11:32AM

If they were, they wouldn't have cognitive dissonance. I've met some Mormon (some in my family) who have no cognitive dissonance. They aren't brainwashed either. They never have needed to have their dissonance points "washed and anointed" away.

Now, Mormon Apologists are brainwashed and doing it to themselves.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 03:01PM

They must know how unpopular their positions are if they have to restrict social media like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 03:12PM by axeldc.

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 03:13PM

I've commented on this girls' videos before. She heavily moderates the comments, she let one of my lesser comments through. She also didn't explain anything.

I like that she is actually stating what Mormons believe. The big problem is that even if Mormons tell you what they believe it doesn't sound any better then what you thought they believed.

Posted by: Frightened Inmate #2 ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 01:17AM

"Some people think that you're brainwashed hahahahaha are you? hahaha, I'm totally not brainwashed!" what the hell is wrong with you people!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.