Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Fallen Moroni ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:05PM

Our Facebook page protesting sexually invasive interviews is nearing 400 "likes," and the true believers are coming out to play. It's interesting that only the devout Mormons are swearing in their posts. The ignorance is also amusing.

A private message I received from one TBM:

"Yea your an anti mormon idiot, I have more important things to do than bad mouth people who volunteer pay free to serve in our community (mormons) who are the nicest people I have ever met. Who give 10% of every pay check to give to charity - p.s. interviews in the church are the choice of the person having the interview - its not like they are forcefully subject to it - so why don't you get a bit more information about how the church actually works before making some stupid Facebook fan page. Don't message me back ass hole."

Hmm, so now tithing counts as "charity" money and interviews are completely optional. (And apparently I'm an asshole.)

Other TBM comments:

"I seriously think that if you are looking for a reason to be offended then you will find it, and when I read that little blog thing I just thought- you know if you are looking for a reason to not take responsibility for your own actions then you'll find one. This is being blown way outta proportion."

And

"I am so sure, this is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen - just because you have some sort of issues with the church doesn't mean you need to make sh*t up! so dang stupid - get a life people."

Yep, we're just making it all up. Geeze.

--Fallen Moroni

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:13PM

They get caught with their pants down and the defense is that we shouldn't have been interested in their perverted issue?

Too bad!!!

Mormons are so defensive and uninformed of what abusive behavior actually is.

Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:30PM

They are obviously filthy masturbators who feel guilty and thus will embarrass themselves on the internet defending their stupid sex cult.

When you quote their comments on this site make sure to include their names so it will pull up these comments on a google search. If they put their real names out there we are free to quote them.(?)

Immortalize these idiots comments on the internet for all to see.

This will help expose these nasty masturbators and hopefully satan will allow them to stop.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:30PM

I know what you mean! ( I'm Hetti Spagoh on there, that's probably obvious ;-) )

Being a nevermo, I don't have much experience interacting with TBMs and reading their comments on that FB page is so mind-blowing to me.

I can see so much of what people on here talk about the TBM mentality; blaming the victim, sticking up for TSSC even if that means throwing others under a bus, the lack of critical thought, full-on histrionics, uninformed about their own religion, etc. It's eye-opening!

ETA - I have a very good idea about who sent you that private message. What a piece of work she is!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 08:32PM by spaghetti oh.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:31PM

I say let them stay trapped in a cult that demands 10% of their lifetime income. They deserve each other.

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 08:33PM

Mormons would deny their own hair color if it made them look bad. Dishonest troglodytes.

Posted by: wideawake ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 04:05AM

LOL! +1

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 09:39PM

Bishops shouldn't be interviewing children alone behind close doors, period. It doesn't matter what questions are asked. TBMs are so brainwashed, they don't see the problem. They think nothing bad will ever happen to their children or they won't be accused of something.

Posted by: ness ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:01PM

I liked the page, and I got a message on my wall from ubber TBM relative telling me how he "Knows" the church is true, and that I should not read "anti" opinions, but go to him for the truth.

I told him he was pretty arragant to believe that he had THE truth and I should go to him.

He went off on me that I don't have the "light" in my eyes any more, and that he is sad I left the "truth" and how he cares about me ect. And I was being disrepectful to him for liking this page.

Funny thing is he spelt my name wrong half the time... Yeah, he knows me alright.

Posted by: lulavina ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 01:01AM

I was quiet about my exit out if the church. My family didn't know for years. For those years they didn't know, they always told me how I had "the glow" & how I had "the light of Christ". I would laugh inside & think, "Ha! joke's on you!" But as soon as they found out about me leaving & being agnostic, suddenly "that light" just isn't there for them now. Haha! Silly Mormons. Oh, PS... Mormon friends who don't know about me leaving comment about me being full of "the light of Christ". Ha... again, silly Mormons.

Posted by: coolelder ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 02:49AM

That reminds me of a story. A friend of mine that works at the COB got me an interview with an Elder Golden of the seventy when I was doubting. During the coarse of the meeting he said a couple of crazy things that were red flags to me and actually damaged my faith even further but I just decided to smile and get the akward meeting over with. When it came time to leave he said, "I can see that your countenance has improved since you walked in here."

Date: August 23, 2013 10:08AM

No kidding. If they think you are in the gospel (which I pretended to do for years), then you are full of light and good, but once they find out you left it instantly turns to "Oh, I noticed you lost the light!"
I called him out on his bs, saying it was just his perspective of me that changed, because that's what all mormons are told to believe about members who have left. I may have lost some thing, but I gained some thing far better.

He claimed that he wasn't "brainwashed" and that he noticed some thing was gone from me. He calls this "the light" (Like he invented the phrase)
You, you and every other brainwashed mormon. What a pompous ass.

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:01PM

It's interesting to me that of the comments you posted, none defend church interviews by listing reasons why the interviews are necessary.

Apparently, the best reason to leave your teen child alone in a room with someone they barely know to be questioned about sexual topics is because "Mormons are the nicest people that I've ever met who give 10 percent of every paycheck to charity." A very solid defense indeed...NOT.

Posted by: jonathantech ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:04PM

Here's a defense, not really, more of the mindset that we need to be aware of in this campaign so we can address it. http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,997059,998841#msg-998841

Posted by: darksided ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:09PM

I think you're right to some degree. There are bishops that care so much about your salvation, they don't even realize what they're truly asking you. But some of them are truly pervs, and some of them avoid the questions altogether. Since none of them are formally trained or given real instructions on what's ok and what's not ok, they will always get the varied results. I think it's more about getting trained people into a position of power, then expecting them to stop the interviews all together. Or at least change the questions for everyone and allow parents to be present.

Date: August 22, 2013 10:04PM

I've been reading all those comments for the past 2 days and even knowing TBM's like I do, have been pretty shocked by some of their posts. Most of them don't even address the issue whatsoever, it's just "well, that never happened to me, the church is twoo!"

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:16PM

The more hardcore TBM, the more they want to say it's a lie.
If the church implodes, it has to happen from within, but with so many extremists and brainwashed members, I don't think it's going to make a difference.

The people who are thinking for themselves are not as brainwashed as they think they are, so they should just leave or at least be inactive in the cult.

Date: August 22, 2013 10:16PM

Didn't bishops ask about beastiallity a few years ago?

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:21PM

Beastiality? Wtf?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 02:08AM

I don't know if bishops did that but I was 12 when I got baptized. I had to be interviewed by the ward mission leader and at least my mom got to sit in. Because we were converts taught by missionaries and both getting baptized at the same time. Anyway, the ward mission leader said "I have to ask you about these things" and proceeded to rattle off a list of "sins" he felt compelled to ask me about. I obviously didn't know what any of them were so he said "That's OK - you are too young to have done any of these. If you want to know what they are, ask your mom."

So on the way home, of course, I asked my mom. She got all flustered and said even she didn't know what some of them were but one was sex with animals. That's how I found out some people have sex with animals. When I was 12. Nice job Brother Dale.

Posted by: Caddis ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 04:23AM

I grew up in a small farming community. Bestiality question only seemed to come up when going on a mission.

Posted by: HopiBon! ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:39PM

Last year my son told me and his mother that he felt strange when being interviewed by our new bishop (was had recently moved). I asked him what bothered him and his mother interrupted saying, "You're not supposed to question the bishop! He's just doing his job!". My son fought back saying that he was asking him extremely personal details and that he wouldn't do another interview with the man. To which my wife screamed, "That makes you a heretic!".

She bawled for an hour. I went into her room and told her that if she was going to be a Mormon first and mother second, that I would take it from here on this issue. I then explained that when a child's concerns falling on deaf ears about these things is how teachers, parents, uncles, scout masters, priests and bishops get away with diddling kids.

I told that bishop that he's not allowed to ask my sons about their sexuality, practices, etc. Ever. He's allowed to ask the question in the handbook which is "Do you feel worthy?". When they answer in the affirmative, move on or you'll never see my kids again.

Date: August 23, 2013 01:23AM

don't know if you already have or not, but it would be helpful for others to hear this story on that facebook post, even if you post anon. I think it really shows how some TBM's react to stupid stuff like this....crying, hysterics...all over touching your own weiner. It's just ridiculous.

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: August 22, 2013 10:59PM

Fallen Moroni thank you for doing the facebook page. Those are some really rude comments you got.
When I was engaged my fiancée and I got interviewed separate to make sure we were really temple worthy and the questions were creepy and I was already in my twenties and fiancé in his thirties. My husband got baptized at age 8 and he got asked by the bishop if he masturbated he didn't know what it ment and so he asked and they bishop replied something like do you play with yourself. Over 20 years later my husband still remembers it.

Date: August 23, 2013 12:09AM

Thanks Subeam, much appreciated. Eight years old, huh? I can't understand why TBMs are crying that this "isn't an issue." It most certainly is.

-Fallen Moroni

Posted by: tmac ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:14AM

Thanks for doing this Fallen Moroni. I'm doing what I can to get the word out.

Date: August 23, 2013 12:20AM

Thanks for your support! In the three days since we launched, 404 people have "liked" the page and thousands more have clicked on posts or otherwise engaged (commented/shared) with the site.

Step by step.

-Fallen Moroni

Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:30AM

I never felt like the interviews were optional. My parents made me go to church and there was no way I could avoid the Bishop. When I told my mom one Sunday that I didn't want to go to church (I was 12), she beat me with a belt.

Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 04:24AM

For a kid nothing in the cult is optional.

Optional is not an option.

If it was my "option" I would have stopped going when I was 4.

Hate the cult

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:35AM

What a perfect opportunity to throw the "avoid even the appearance of evil" thing back at them.

Even if no bishop ever said or did anything improper, these interviews most certainly have the appearance of evil.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 12:41AM

Oooo, brilliant point, exdrymo!

Date: August 23, 2013 02:10AM

+1000

Posted by: grubbygert nli ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 01:11AM

and to go one step further...

you know what's been in the news a lot the last decade? Catholic priests abusing kids

if it becomes part of the public consciousness that Mormon Bishops frequently get kids alone behind closed doors, well, game over for missionaries/Mormons everywhere...

"join Mormonism and let a pedo-priest take your kid into a closed room to talk about sex"

Posted by: fineline ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 01:33AM

I have only had 2 TBM family members unfriend me since I "liked" this page. Not too bad!

Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 01:51AM

I've had 3 unfriend me. LOL!

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 01:35AM

FM--I think you know this, but the criticism you are getting is evidence that you are making a very good point and an even better case.

Hopefully some Social Media amplifiers can get this count into the thousands soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 03:37AM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: Lydia ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 01:39AM

I read the one comment that was on there that said that teenagers do not normally masturbate. I then read it again and thought, yeo read that right.
You can't argue with people who think like that - it is just not worth my breath !

Posted by: grubbygert nli ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 01:52AM

yeah, and while he/she was posting that comment 15 y.o. son was taking a long shower and 17 y.o. daughter had the family 'back massager' in her room...

Posted by: jl1718 ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 01:49AM

I have been viewing the page, but I have not liked it, my family would go into a crazed tizzy............ I am about ready to make a second Facebook where I can like these pages without fear of being ridiculed and talked shit on.

I have been away from the church for 5 years, but have maintained a fairly decent relationship with some of my mormon family by just not talking about it.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 02:10AM

Yes, I do the same thing. I have one page for my business colleagues, clients, friends and family - and another for my evil, satanic, anti-Mormon activities. I also use a different e-mail and name to sign on to Amazon to purchase and review anti-Mormon literature. My world works better when it doesn't collide with planet Kolob.

Date: August 23, 2013 02:15AM

jong1064 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My world works better when it doesn't collide with planet Kolob.

Very well put. I do the same thing. I have a page with my first name, maiden name and married name for all my childhood friends and Mormon friends. I have another page with my nickname and married last name for my non-LDS friends and exmo friends. It's surprising how many are on there. And I can post freely about liking Starbucks and the Episcopal church while objecting to the treatment of gays in Russia and stuff like the OP is trying to fight. It is better when worlds don't collide some time.

@Fallen Moroni - you are doing a wonderful service for children. Keeping them safe and protecting their innocence and feelings of worth. I'm sorry Mormons are going all bat-sh*t crazy on you but the good people are behind you so keep strong and feel proud of yourself.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 02:33AM

Compartmentalization is a Mormon skill!

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 02:26AM

Have you had an messages from mormons saying "Fair enough", or "Yeah, I agree, it's not good the church does this"?

Date: August 23, 2013 10:10AM

To their credit, a couple true believers have commented that they think these types of interviews are completely inappropriate.

-Fallen Moroni

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 03:03AM

Why do Mormon apologists come across like ignorant hicks? Oh yeah....... :-/

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 04:25AM

The amateur apologetics over these invasive, abusive interviews is absolutely sickening. It made me so angry earlier lastnight that I wanted to scream & break things.

Posted by: Testiphony (can't login) ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 07:07AM

With Utah leading the nation in affinity fraud, it's inexcusable to bestow inherent trust on other Mormons due to similar supernatural views. And with LDS lawyers fighting to keep ecclesiastical sex abusers from the law, their children's safety and development is compromised.

But I wouldn't expect a TBM to be familiar with real-world facts and figures. Groupthink is so dangerous.

When I was interrogated as a kid, the man never left it at "you livin the law of chastity?" They wanted details and aggressively followed up. They wanted to know whose shirt was where, whose hands were where, etc. even as a kid I knew it was overboard.

My sister is convinced that in one such interview, the bishop was touching himself underneath the desk. This same bishop eschewed pg-13 movies and coca cola. Compensating much?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.