Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 02:26PM

So I was searching for the facebook page on google and I saw this gem in the search results. I didn't create an account to read it, but the title of the webpage made me wonder. What do JW ask their teens about sex?

Page title "It seems the LDS leaders ask teenagers invasive questions about sex too"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fmembers%2fadult%2f259514%2f1%2fIt-seems-the-LDS-leaders-ask-teenagers-invasive-questions-about-sex-too

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ava ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 04:37PM

I know they are very concerned with sexuality....not sure how that works with teens. My guess is they do, from what I know so far...

Posted by: nomo1985 ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 05:08PM

I read both boards, and saw this post on the jw board. As a former JW, I can say that they do ask sexual questions but generally only when there is a reason to believe "impropriety" has taken place (a person confesses to something or something was witnessed by someone). From what I gather here, Bishops ask their congregants at regular intervals for the various worthiness interviews. There really isn't such a thing as a worthiness interview for JWs.

But, again, if "impropriety" is suspected, I've heard that the questions can be quite invasive.

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 06:25PM

Yes these are done on regular intervals. Normally when progressing to a new stage of church participation or renewing your temple recommend (currently every two years).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.