Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:34AM

In what ways do you help discredit the lying baztards at TSCC? Do you actively try to help TBM's see the truth and leave the cult? What do you do to help TBM's leave the cult?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:57AM

I pray to satan to have them destroyed.

It hasn't worked yet so I'm guessing that satan is protecting his interests in the cult.

Posted by: pigsinzen ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:34PM

Yeah, praying to Satan wouldn't work since TSCC is the closest thing to a real Church of Satan out there. Even Satan is impressed with their greed and desire to control people.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 03:26PM

Satan LOVES MORmONISM. Joseph Smith and his MORmON scam were so SUCK-CESS ful at promoting EVIL that Satan was made obsolete so he could retire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGEyKCS7-is

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:00AM

The mormon cult discredits its self.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:21AM

A lot of people I run into in my town know I used to be mormon. I don't look mormon anymore. So, people occasionally ask me about it. I say I was born into it, but as I got older I thought is was silly at best, and I grew out of it. I've actually had other people tell me they used to be mormon, and left for the same reasons. Or, the no-mos usually agree about its sillyness or weirdness. What people say to me is quite different than the polite tolerance they give active mormons.

Also... I'm multi-generational mormon. Pioneer heritage. My name is all over mormonism's databases. My name still shows up on the rolls. That means I am a visible reminder that I choose to no longer participate. That means mormon visitors get an earful of "less than useful" things.

I totally realize that some people want/need to get away from everything mormon -- no contact at all. I'm a "bring 'em" on person. As a mormon defector, I'm not disappearing anytime soon. Don't underestimate the power of saying "the emperor has no clothes." (I have two siblings that gave up mormonism as soon as they knew I rejected it.)

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:30PM

jpt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
What people say to me is quite
> different than the polite tolerance they give
> active mormons.
>

I experience this as well. Nevermo's tell me how weird and cultish mormonism is but are very polite to the tbm's and don't discuss it with them.
For the people who like the mormons but don't know much about their beliefs I agree with them that there are a lot of 'good' people in mormonism, but explain that the bulk of them don't have a clue about their religion.
Then I say, "you don't want to be one of those clueless people or do you?"
Then I offer them a few websites and suggest they read up and come back and we'll discuss more
www.i4m.com
RPackham's site
or mormonthink.com

Posted by: myantonia ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:37PM

"Don't underestimate the power of saying "the emperor has no clothes." <-- THIS. When I finally pushed back at the invasive ugliness that the local Mormons pushed at my step-kids & the things they said to them behind my back, I learned that the power of me just saying this in many ways to them and to anyone who asked, was the beginning of the end of the intrusions in my life. And I made it a point to remind the biggest a-holes among them that I say this to their faces, unlike the gutless back-talking they do. The expressions on their faces: priceless :)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:23AM

They are already discredited in the eyes of those with brains and insight.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:24AM

I am trying to live my life as best I can to prove that life outside the morg is good. Leading by example you could say.

Posted by: mostcorrectedbook ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:26AM

First, you leave
Second, just like missionaries, you speak and preach the real truth. Your families and friends are bound to start thinking about the discrepancies.

Posted by: qwerty6pack ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:26AM

Kudos to Wine Country Girl!

I laugh at them (really!) at the right moments, and it gets results.

It's dangerous, but teasing a tbm about priesthood powers they know they don't have is a hoot. Like using it to lift a heavy weight, or win a game, or "hey I saw a vein popping on your neck, were you using that power thing again?"

Gotta smile when you say it, most of them won't like it!

Date: August 24, 2013 01:39PM

+1 :D

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:31AM

Sounds like you are asking exit interview questions for future excommunication proceedings.

Has the site been hacked by TSCC?

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:47AM

This is my opinion also.

They are looking for strategies that exmos use which has caused them trouble so that they can counteract us.

My answer to your question sir, is this:

I tell the truth about the LDS church verbally, in writing, on line and in person. Millions of truth-speakers is what is bringing you down.

Anagrammy

Posted by: DishyDoodle ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:04PM

+1

I talk about the discrepancies and that is why half of my brother's and sisters left the church. The other half, TBM and judgmental as the day is long, just don't talk to the rest of us anymore.

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:32AM

I engage the young mishes when I can in discussions about the pedophille prophet, the lack of evidence of the BOM, etc.

I actively tell other non-mormons that I used to be in the cult("born into it"), and how they should always run like hell.

I spread antimormonsism to all that will listen. I have given much though into turning my ranch in to a mini movie set, and developing films that document the life of the pedophille profit. Eg. Can you imagine what the conversation sounded like between Heber C. Kimball and Joseph Smith, when they were negotiating the sex slavery of Helen Mars. Oh that would be a gem to put onthe big screen.

Ya know, stuff like that.

Posted by: 2+2=4 ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:32AM

I talk to non-mormons about the problematic/troubling issues with TSCC.

For most non-mormons, COJCOLDS is a question mark in their brains. They know there is something that is maybe not quite right with it but they know that it is PC to have religious tolerance, and, who has time or cares to really look into it and basically no one wants to touch it with a ten foot pole unless it crawls into Their house and poops in Their living room, right?

But since I have a family member who has been recruited into it, I have a reason to talk about it, and I do.

Note I do emphasize that my criticism is aimed at the problematic/alarming organization, I do not have a problem with the poor rank and file members, obviously.

Usually people thank me for filling them in. They are always saying stuff like, "oh wow, I had no idea about the money part", or "oh, that is so interesting, that so explains what happened to my neighbor who got divorced from his mormon wife, blah blah", etc, etc.

I will probably run out of steam at some point, but I have been pretty vocal about it for about one year now.

Posted by: 2+2=4 ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:25PM

Historically, the really dramatic changes in TSCC seem to come from pressure outside the church.

So, I figure educating non-mormons (rather than the often fruitless task of trying to show facts to mormons who don't want to see them) maybe has just as much, if not more of an impact on the future fortunes of LDS Inc.

Date: August 24, 2013 01:48PM

I was one of those PC people who believed they were a bit weird and too right-wing politically, but I gave them the same respect I give devout Catholics and live and let live...until they pooped in MY living room, too. LOL! Great analogy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 01:49PM by myantonia.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 11:51AM

Trying to live an authentic life, do service and volunteer work that isn't assigned to me, follow my own "word of wisdom" health code (that DOES include coffee, tea and wine and is actually healthy), advance in my career that started after I said "f*^& this" to the mormon plan for women to stay scared and stupid, and let people know the truth about the one and only twoo church.

In other words, I'm NOT a sinner, NOT a drug addict, NOT a prostitute, NOT homeless, Not any of those things you're supposed to become when you leave their little mindfucking cult. Oh, and most of all, I'm am happier than I ever in my wildest dreams thought I could be at the age of 58 when I looked at even the best possibilities of being a mormon at this age. And exmos achieving success and happiness has to be the biggest thorn in the the side of the holy penishood.

Date: August 24, 2013 01:52PM

AMEN, NormaRae!

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:02PM

Oldkunker & Anagrammy - Wow - If TSCC was smart enough to read this web site then they would be smart enough use the information off it to change their uninspired programs that cause their members to leave. I doubt any GA has ever been to this web site. They are just stupid old men making a fortune for their relatives.

I tell everyone what a stupid religion TSCC is. Mormons, non mormons, anyone that will listen. I do not care if TSCC were to ex me. What would I be exed from? A lying myth based religion. Who gives a fuxk? Membership in TSCC means nothing except grief, loss of money and time wasted.

Should my SP or bishop read this, I hope you two have the balls to leave your fake religion.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:14PM

Well said, themaster.

You must remember that this is not a religion. If TSCC were a religion, you might be right--the leaders might be more concerned with helping the poor and promoting spirituality.

We know this is not the case with this world wide empty temple building, mall-investing, hunting-range-owning boys-club corporation.

It exists to serve itself.

It's very survival is at stake and OF COURSE the church monitors this site. The GA's don't take time away from their life of deference and luxury punctuated by spreadsheets and monotone speeches, but they have young turks who fly the net like a game, looking for the bases of the enemy.

They will earn points with supervisors if they can identify anything new, like the new website collecting sexual interview stories. This will be reported back and a counter-attack will be initiated. We have already seen this flooding in the formal call for "missionaries" whose job it is to respond to anti postings.

To think that the church doesn't have time to monitor its enemies is to underestimate the paranoia and siege mentality that exists.

I can tell you that I was followed for several days by "men in black" after I arranged a gay bishop to speak at the campus of Westminster College. This was considered an anti-Mormon attack. When I ditched their ridiculously obvious detectives, I received an angry call from my bishop threatening to excommunicate me.

This is how paranoid they are that they will single out any member who is just trying to stimulate debate and immediately start gathering information on their activities to excommunicate them.

To Mormon authorities, the real unforgiveable sin is what goes on in this forum every day - the criticizing of the brethren.

Anagrammy

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:35PM

I'm not under the impression that excommunication is a concern of yours.

Not unlike someone holding a gun to their head and saying if you don't do what I want, I'll shoot myself.

If you don't stop telling the Truth about my Church, I'll burn it to the ground!

Please do, let me add some more fuel.

Date: August 24, 2013 12:50PM

:) to answer the question...

I don't feel the need to push my agenda any more than I want to be subject to theirs.

When asked why I don't go? Three words... Reading comprehension improved

Also, trust issues have have increased drastically. So when you asked how we discredit TSCC I usually am suspect of the motivation for the question. When you ask a leading question it would be nice to also see your opinion in the OP as well.

Date: August 24, 2013 01:03PM

If I didn't have a TBM wife, TBM coworkers and have TBM neighbors, I would be in a better position to act more like Ron Burr :)

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:09PM

Well I did send one of my sisters a letter, coming out to her and did include the CES letter. Her hubby is now reading Rough Stone Rolling. I know its messing with her head, even though they claim they still believe.

Also I was recently confronted by my other sister and mother. (I no longer bother with garments) that blew up and so I wrote sister number 2 a huge fat freaking letter also. I didnt include the CES letter but did paraphrase alot of it in my own word. We have agreed not to discuss the church anymore.....however the info will always bug her too.

Oh and second sisters son has come out to me about his non belief! He is 15 a d super smart. He admits he is an atheist. He told me he was relieved to tell me his "deepest darkest secret" his mom and dad are constantly talking to him about his mission.

Oh yeah, I also wrote my bishop an anonymous letter about how I lost my faith, and included the CES letter. Although I think he suspects me... but who cares right?

Muahahahahahaha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 12:12PM by closer2fine.

Posted by: burnned ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:25PM

I don't go to that church, I don't make excuses for their bad behaviour. I don't do what they expect me to. I don't take my kids there either. The fact that I breathe and exist and don't do things Their way.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:38PM

I slag the church every opportunity I get. And there is no shortage of examples around he for me to pile on. That being said, I still have friends and cousins in the cult whom I love....but then again, they aren't the problem...and never were...it's the self righteous twits that make it soooooo easy.

Ron Burr

Posted by: tapirsaddle ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:40PM

I tell my life story. That does more damage to TSCC's reputation than an ocean stacked full of "anti-mormon literature."

I tell anyone that asks EXACTLY what it's like growing up a mormon. My friends and other family now see Mormonism as crazy and immoral, and not just a weird denomination nof Christianity.

Date: August 24, 2013 03:13PM

tapirsaddle Wrote:
> I tell my life story. That does more damage to
> TSCC's reputation than an ocean stacked full of
> "anti-mormon literature."

I tell them Gordon B.S. Hinckley's LIfE story ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkVNWHT-IA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhAIjF0wQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yCm4zFVIe0

The day that god needs a cabbage head like Gordon BS Hinckley to speak for Him, is the instant that we are all screwed.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:14PM

Q= Do you hold the priest6hood?
A= Yes I do
Q= Define priesthood
A= The power to act in God's name
Q= So if in using this priesthood you command someone with cancer to be healed they will be healed?
A= Well if it is God's will.
Q= You either have the power or do not have the power.
So if you cannot, in fact, heal,then it is very clear that you do not have the power to act in God's name.

Posted by: MyTempleNameIsJoan ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:35PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
> Q= Do you hold the priest6hood?
> A= Yes I do
> Q= Define priesthood
> A= The power to act in God's name
> Q= So if in using this priesthood you command
> someone with cancer to be healed they will be
> healed?
> A= Well if it is God's will.
> Q= You either have the power or do not have the
> power.
> So if you cannot, in fact, heal,then it is very
> clear that you do not have the power to act in
> God's name.

I must remember this one. If they don't have the power then their playing a mind game to program and mislead people into thinking they have power. If they do have the power of the priest666hood then they would know God wants the person healed. It's a sham.

Date: August 24, 2013 01:43PM

I made a conscious choice not to marry a wonderful TBM and make beautiful, intelligent, talented BICs with her. It was a sacrifice, because almost all my needs could have been met.

I just would have been living a lie and also thwarting her objectives.

Currently things are being done as well, but hard to know ow effective. I think commenting on articles about Mormonism, sourcing issues such as membership numbers, political activism, and fraudulent claims of charity and financial accountability.

Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:50PM

By living well and being happy.

Date: August 24, 2013 01:56PM

I see this posted frequently on RfM and it is a value I understand.

Living an authentic, genuine life means that there will also be struggle, grief, loss, and failure.

Mormons fabricate being happy and successful as signs of their One True Church.

Living well and being happy are admirable, are you not able to discredit Mormonism if you are depressed and not living well?

Not even constantly depressed and in struggle, but just living your life genuinely and sometimes things are not going your way and you feel badly, and rather than ignoring your condition you acknowledge your condition. Something a TBM would never do.

Date: August 24, 2013 02:14PM

THIS, too, pisses them off no end, in my experience. I live in a relatively small town, and I know a number of the twits who metaphorically pooped in my living room still keep me in their fetid loop of gossip-mongering & gossip solicitation. And I've heard back that some have done mental circle jerks to explain why I'm not failing at my career but instead prospering of late, why I'm 44 years old but look early thirties max, and why I'm partaking of the coffee & wine but am NOT an incoherent mess. And then they do another mental circle jerk to explain away why so many of THEM are obese, are diabetic, are hooked on prescription &/or illegal drugs or have children that are, and why their penishood powers can't change these situations.

Living well & genuine joy are indeed the best revenge. Throw in a pinch of "the emperor has no clothes" and you're good to go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 02:15PM by myantonia.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:55PM

TSCC discredit's itself. I just point it out.

Posted by: darksided ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:59PM

I remind them how nice and sweet people like Jody Arias are :)

Date: August 24, 2013 02:15PM

AHAHAHAHA!!! Got to remember this for the next time!

Date: August 24, 2013 03:00PM

Might work for some, what about TBMs that live in Phoenix and "know nothing about it". These are such cultists.

Posted by: Joy ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 02:15PM

I'm constantly threatened that my TBM son-in-law and his fanatical TBM family might try to keep my grandchildren away from me. Mormons are bullies--especially toward woman--especially to women without a husband to protect them.

But I have the power of the Truth. I ask my grandchildren what they are learning in Primary, just as I ask them what they are learning in school. I support their school and teachers by contributing and volunteering. I do not support their cult, by never going. I have had to gently straighten out many lies, already, and my grandchildren are just beginning in Primary. For example, a flier was sent home, saying, "The Ward takes care of us." I gently asked my grandchildren if they believed this. They said, they didn't understand it. I asked them what the church has done to take care of them, and they said, "nothing." I said, "Who feeds you and dresses you?" They answered, "Mommy and Daddy." We went on to talk about how hard Daddy works to pay for everything, and how Mommy is remodeling the kitchen, and how Grandma takes care of sick people, and how the kids take care of their pets, the birds and the squirrels. I let the kids do most of the talking, but their thinking needs to be straightened out quite often. I find that, with the primary kids, the cult is taking credit for everything good in life. I can not allow my family to be brainwashed with such a huge lie.

They do not "owe" the cult anything.

Their parents are the only real "authority" for now.

The bishop is not "the father of our ward." Mommy and Daddy are their parents.

The brainwashing barrage goes on and on, weekly. I do whatever I can to undo that brainwashing as it occurs. There are dinosaur museums, planetariums, TV science shows, natural evidences all around them, to discredit false Mormon claims.

I would agree that the Mormon church discredits itself. Life teaches us that TSCC is a cult of lies. We need to help people keep their eyes and ears open, that's all.

Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 02:31PM

Posting stuff articles I find on RFM to Facebook without making any opinion on it.

Date: August 24, 2013 03:05PM

I prefer to let the (DESPICABLE LYING POS) MORmON leaders speak for themselves. Its devastating to MORmONISM! as rational people listen.

I face the fact that Most TBMs are NOT going to abandon the stupid MORmON cult, but I am going to make life as unpleasant as possible for them by displaying them as being as weird as they really are. They can present their sickening "ANd I am A MORmON" promotional ads, "and that means you are going to be laughed at!" is the response that they are going to get!

I actually like MORmONISM from the standpoint that if the population has to include such pretentious idiots with the ASS- is-stance Of MORmONISM, their idiots are lumped together to be more readily recognized by others.
MORmONS have the right to be as stupid as they want to. But I also have the right to MOCK them incessantly, and I will, with their own words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9kJ_NdZT1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvsOEAeBCg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR6udrKFjGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy9owqqtNgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2SY9LZ4wh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YEMX0VooD4

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.