Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: August 26, 2013 10:43PM

I was thinking of going the email route. I think some here have tried it.

What happens after I send the email? Will it be forwarded to local bishop and will he try to contact me?

I have no idea who he is and he'd have to get through about 3 security doors to knock on my door. The email form I found on the internet doesn't call for my phone number. Personally, I'd just as soon not see him.

So how does this all work?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: msp ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 12:24AM

Thanks for asking this! I'm planning on officially resigning soon as well and I'd like to find out a little bit more about doing so by email. If anyone could give some more info, I'd really appreciate it :)

The only information I have about this is from the packham site at http://packham.n4m.org/leaving.htm
Scroll down until you see some boxed text with "IMPORTANT UPDATE (9/25/10)!". Good luck and I hope tscc takes care of your request without any hitches!

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 12:27AM

Will it be forwarded to the local bishop?
Yes.

Will he try to contact you?
That depends on the bishop.

Posted by: reddwarf ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 08:39AM

Our family resigned via the email route about 2 weeks ago. Very easy. We also copied the bishop and stake pres on the email so they know whats up. We got the obligatory letter that it is a local matter and the brochure asking us to stay after about 1 week. We have not heard from the bishop or the stake pres on it yet and we know the bishop and one of his councilors very well. We also know one of the SP councilors well and have heard nothing from them. My wife was very friendly with the area seventy's wife and they have dropped us already. I think they are just going to let us go like we wanted.

If your local bishop decides they need to do their duties they will try to contact you but it sounds like it will be difficult. If they do get through, just tell them to get the paperwork taken care of and you hope they have a good life. Goodbye.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 10:49AM

send resignation email to: msr-confrec@ldschurch.org

My recent experience:

Resignation Letter submitted via email: 8/19/2013 10:38am

Email Read Receipt received from the Church: 8/19/2013 1:25pm

Received "An Invitation" pamphlet and official letter of acknowledgment from the Church via USPS: 8/21/2013

Received Voicemail Message from bishop asking for a return phone call: 8/21/2013 7:37pm

Returned phone call to bishop: 8/22/2013 12:10pm

The bishop had his packet completed and sent to the SP the following day.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 10:57AM

I did the email route. I did not give my phone number because it was none of their business. I just sent the email with my name, address, place baptized and told them I resigned.

I got a snail mail about a week later with the invite to come back. like that was going to happen.

I had VTs show up and I refused to see them. I lived in a secure building and they could not get in. I called the bishop from the internet and told them to cease the harassment and process it because I was no longer a member and was tired of the crap. 3 months later I got the final letter.

Once they accept the email, you are no longer a member and do not have to do anything they say. It may delay the final letter, but that is their problem not yours.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.