Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 01:55PM

So my mom has told me that I have resigned from the church due to lack of research and she said my heart is hardened and that satans spirit has gotten a hold of me. So I send my mom a FAIR link where it stated that JS landlords name was Lemuel. Her reply was that back then everyone's name Lemuel because it was so common. Haha
My mom challenged me and said that I should send her my research. I send her many many things and she said they were all wrong. But here it comes. She read about what BYU did to gays and she was absolutely terrified and said that the church should public apologize for hurting people like that! She read that some committed suicide because they couldn't change their sexuality that made her made that life's have been ended because of a church.
My mom's shelf is growing so far it is "polyandry, book of Abraham and shock therapy". Since you don't know my mom she is Mrs Know it all and it is hard for her to even see the other side.
My mom got married to a non member. My patriarchal blessing says that my dad will find the truth due to my example and we will be sealed as eternal family. So yes my mom is pissed at me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 02:02PM

Good on you for finding things that will stick with her. All we can do as exmo's is give TBMs stuff to put on their shelves, and patiently wait for those shelves to collapse.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 02:02PM

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: August 27, 2013 08:00PM

Thank you The Oncoming Storm - bc those are 2 very good links and I have send them to my mom 2 minutes ago.
Oh and my mom has talked to a bishops wife who's son in law in inactive and the son in law also stated the same reasons as I did. My aunt has 2 kids who are inactive also because of the Book of Abraham. That my mom even allows conversation about inactivity reasons and doctoring's surprises me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.