Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 09:00PM

So Egyptus, the black DIL of Noah, discovered Egypt when it was still under water?
How does that work exactly?
Egypt...not a tiny little place.
If it was under water, the water would have been continuous with the sea. So she looked at the sea and said "I've discovered a land?"
And the newly discovered land would be connected to the rest of the African continent? How do you discover an country that is part of a continent? You discover it only as far as that river in that direction, that mountain range in that direction? But the land on the other side of the river (that nobody has ever seen)? No, I didn't discover that.

Anybody else see this as slightly absurd?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 09:14PM

Don't you know that Abraham was so doggone smart that he knew greek hundreds of years before there were greeks!? And that Egyptus had the best darn Bassmaster sonar readings that told her just where to put the Sphinx!?

Personally, I find it funny that the papyri, which you'd expect a church to revere as sacred and touched by the hand of the Patriarch, was identified because it had sketches of the Nauvoo temple on the back; sort of like "I need to figure out how to remodel the bathroom--could you hand me the Declaration of Independence?"

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 10:05PM

In their hieroglyphs the Egyptians are seen strutting along, stiff-legged as if there's some kind of resistance. Thanks to the for-profit prophet Joseph Smith, we know that the land was covered with water. So the Egyptians were actually wading.

Mike Ash, if you try to use this in one of your crappy apologist essays, I will kick you in the seer stones.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 10:14PM

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 10:15PM

It only looked like she was walking underwater because she had eaten three tabs of clearlight. In fact, the lost portion describes the trip and speaks of her fascination in watching trails flow from her fingers as she moved them closer and further from her face. It also contains a fabulous peom which would later be put to music. You may recall this as Jim Morrisons 'Not to Touch the Earth' as recorded by The Doors.

C'mon FAIR! I challenge you to top this explanation.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 10:58PM

See my article "Linguistic Problems of Mormonism" at http://packham.n4m.org/linguist

Posted by: athreehourtour3 ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 11:10AM

She must have seen the pyramids or sphinx poking out of the water.

What? It's not like the book of abraham isn't chock full of other anachronisms

Posted by: Emmas flaming sword ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 11:20AM

It proves Mormons believe that it was more than local. But you're right it is even more ridiculous than I ever realized. How do you discover a underwater country? I guess the waters were crystal clear and super shallow and she was in a kayak with supplies left over from the ark.

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 10:31AM

How do you discover a underwater country? It could be the next magnet question.

Posted by: Beavis Christ ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 11:52AM

Her husband had his garments on so he was protected from the water and was thus able to farm underneath it after she had discovered it.

Posted by: ipseego ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 12:15PM

Egyptus was hooked on diving.

Posted by: athreehourboree ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 10:17AM

That's how I know this ain't true, because you never see black women swimming. Trust me on this, I'm from the South.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 12:28PM

"...but all I see is water!!"

"Face it Mom.....'e-gypt-us."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 12:33PM

Little know fact: Egypt was once a submerged island that over a short time gravitated (underwater) from the center of the seas and slammed into the upper-right corner of the larger "plate" of Africa ... Egyptus jumped on board "Egypt" just as it crashed.

This is all part of the "New Geography" your kids will be learning in the "intelligent design" inspired curriculum of the near future in a school near you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.