Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 12:31AM

George M. Papa of Mesa, Arizona doesn't think very highly of you.

I needed to refer back to the comments from the NYTimes article on Hans Mattsson. Found this in the comments by author, George M. Papa. He thinks you left Mormonism because you would rather apostasize than deal with reconciling your awful sins with the Mormon church. He has a great autobiography on his webpage and he has a lot to say as he is an author of 15 books.

This quote from his comments on the NY Times gives you a sense of his intellect and his capacity for understanding others. Enjoy!

Here is George M. Papa's website, you can buy his books here if you want or you can even communicate with him about his work and opinions. He is a robust looking man! I'll bet he has been a ward mission leader, a high priest, and maybe, I'm not sure a ward clerk, or maybe an assistant ward clerk.

http://georgempapa.com/

What do you think of his critical thinking skills?

George M. PapaMesa, Arizona
FLAG
"* Eleven witnesses saw the Golden Plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated. No "peep stone" has come forth as the real source.

* Worthy Black men who were temporarily excluded from the priesthood is not critical to the veracity of that priesthood. Let us rejoice that today ALL who are worthy are no longer excluded. Also, nobody who is worthy has ever been excluded from baptism.

* The "funerary" notion about the Book of Abraham does not support either the translation of the Book of Abraham or the illustrations of that translation. yet the translation by Joseph Smith and the illustrations of that translation correspond with each other.

* The notion of many wives for Joseph Smith is not substantiated by many children by Joseph Smith.

Even if all the mud against Joseph Smith was true, it does not refute that Joseph Smith was instructed by God to restore Christ's lost New Testament Church and Priesthood Authority upon the earth, via the laying on of hands by Peter, James and John, to guide mankind back to God and his glory, after the probation of this mortality.

I am not a disenchanted Mormon who has some grievous sin in my past that I would rather ignore, and instead, try to "kill the messenger", rather than to repent and come clean of my own secret but gnawing transgression.

I am an author. Three of my books are about Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ. View my home page at georgempapa.com and read the first ninety pages of my six books for free."
July 22, 2013 at 11:14 p.m.RECOMMEND
Unquote

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2013 12:51AM by gentlestrength.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curious ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 12:51AM

Is this the same George Papa of Arizona who owned and "managed" a water company so poorly the govt finally had to step in and seize the operation? The poor homeowners on that system had endured horrific water service due to his awful handling of the system. The govt finally had to take it away from him.

If its the same guy, his position and statements match up well his history.

I apologize for the ad hominem, but this guy really is a piece of work.

Date: September 04, 2013 01:14AM

I don't know of him, but I know there are several people here from Arizona. He has a more detailed bio on Amazon.com that says he is a real estate developer and that his passion is movies. Apparently he has written screenplays that he is selling as books. He loves movies, but does not think there are many good movies these days. He hated Platoon. I wonder what his favorite temple movie version is, I'll bet it is the pre-1990 version. What might his favorite scene, be he seems like a blood and guts guys, I'll bet he misses the disembowlment gestures. "I'll suffer, my life, to be taken." Commas require a pause.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2013 03:13AM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 01:16AM

Certainly he is enjoying a life free from the hassles of accuracy, the tyranny of research and the annoyances of citation, the OCD of correct grammar and the unnecessary expense of editors.

Perhaps he would have appeal to the Mormons favorite demo, the unlearNED farmboys of the world. Joseph Smith's original writing, filled with aints and mispellings would be precious to George Papa of Arizona.

Anagrammy

Date: September 04, 2013 10:19AM

George has an eBook, The Small Plates of Nephi, which is a screenplay. What's great about this screenplay is that it is a creative work. So it brings to life the characters from this book, but don't have any doubts about this fictionalization of a historical record this is the literal history of the Nephites, the inhabitants of the Americas. George Papas makes this very clear in his testimony, also known as a Forward.

http://georgempapa.com/uploads/Free_Read_for__The_Small_Plates_of_Nephi_.pdf

It's all True! These Small Plates were literally buried by Moroni at the end of a Great War. We all know the versions of how Joseph Smith recovered and translated those plates. Which of the liteeal versions is your favorite?

Just so you know, I scrolled to the end of the free eBook. The female character known as The Wife of Nephi, still goes by the name The Wife of Nephi. The characters are just popping off the pages, someone should make this a movie. It has been 20 years since it was copyrighted, I can't wait to see it on the big screen here in California.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2013 10:36AM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 12:38PM

It must be great to just make it up as you go and parrot stuff you learned in Sunday school. Thinking outside the box or breaking new ground, things that would make you something more than just another Mormon hack author would be so difficult. That's no fun.

Date: September 04, 2013 01:43PM

It is bizarre reading his apologetics when they are so conceded by the more informed apologists. He hasn't even informed himself on the real apologetics. You nailed it Sunday School Mormonism, not even Gospel Doctrine Mormonism. Primary and Youth Sunday School. The eleven witnesses is his first bullet point, really, that works for him. What an intellectual.

Posted by: chronic lurker ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 01:37PM

I had a run in with this guy once. I worked for a land investment firm- he showed up at our office unannounced. I happened to be the only one in the office that day so I got to deal with him solo. He said he had someone with interest in one of our holdings but quickly lost interest in that topic. He moved into a pitch for some super duper movie theater he had designed that he wanted backing for. It was ridiculous to the point of discomfort. I couldn't get him out of my office for 2 hours.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 03:10PM

OMG an inperson sighting.

I am so jealous. I haven't seen a live Arizona Dufus since I helped my daughter move from Mesa.

Ana

Date: September 04, 2013 03:14PM

He explains how Snowflake, Arizona got its' name.

It was settled by the Mormon families, Snow and Flake. Flake is now the junior US Senator from Arizona with a Twitter bigot son and the Snow family, I expect Mormon royalty--prophet and polygamist, Lorenzo Snow.

Hope you enjoyed knowing the origin of Snowflake, Arizona, it's a Mormon town, with a Mormon temple. E-I-E-I-O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2013 03:31PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 06:22PM

Oh my!...ain't he special....in his own mind anyway...given the talents and insights he claims to possess, I'm surprised the Cult hasn't tapped him to become the next Profit!!!

Ron Burr

Posted by: johngaltspeaking ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 08:48PM

"The "funerary" notion about the Book of Abraham does not support either the translation of the Book of Abraham or the illustrations of that translation. yet the translation by Joseph Smith and the illustrations of that translation correspond with each other."

So....when one is making an inquiry, one must first draw your conclusion and then match up the evidence to prove the conclusion you were trying to support in the first place?

Genius.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 08:58PM

Utah has lots of annoying Mormons, and even a few genuine nut cases, but when it comes to the per capita ratio of of just off-the-wall Mormons, I think AZ wins hands down.

Is it the heat?

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: September 05, 2013 03:05PM

Must be. Mesa Mormons take the crazy to a whole new level. I grew up there.

Posted by: Dennis Moore ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 09:21PM

He sure has a smirky smile on his face like he's been up to no good.

Posted by: chronic lurker ( )
Date: September 04, 2013 09:22PM

I've lived in both Utah and Arizona- I would tend to agree there seem to be a higher per capita ratio of whack jobs here, but I'd still rather live in Arizona. as long as you aren't out in the east valley you don't feel so smothered by the mormonism like in Utah. I did just see the new temple they are building in Gilbert though, Its a huge obnoxious building surrounded by tract homes and farm land. Ick.

Posted by: bizquick ( )
Date: September 05, 2013 02:51PM

The three paragraphs on his home page was enough punishment for me. His writing is terrible.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.