Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 06:49PM

Anyone have inside information on the result of Brother Snuffer's Disciplinary Council?

He posted on his blog today that the event did take place and seems to imply a decision was rendered but fails to provide details.

http://www.denversnuffer.blogspot.com/

Inquiring mind(s) want to know if a self proclaimed TBM was excommunicated for publishing historical information.

DT

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 06:54PM

Posted by: eyesopen ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 06:57PM

I heard that a final decision had not been reached last night, which of course is very unusual. I think he'll be out.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 07:00PM

eyesopen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard that a final decision had not been reached
> last night, which of course is very unusual. I
> think he'll be out.

Does this mean the SP did not receive inspiration from the Mormon god or is he waiting on further light and knowledge from Salt Lake?

More Proof, the leadership of TSCC receives no inspiration.

Posted by: anon 21 ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 07:24PM

Nope. His wife was inspired to take the children to the court of Love so that they would know it was about a book and nothing else. So they had FHE on Sunday night.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 08:22PM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfaithblog/56848308-180/church-snuffer-hearing-hunt.html.csp

Extra Bonus- the stake prez is the CEO of NuSkin. There's a credible guy!

Posted by: Denver Snuffer ( )
Date: September 09, 2013 08:26PM

In, for now.

Date: September 09, 2013 09:19PM

Really?! Well good for you Brother Snuffer. I'm sure you are reticent to share the details or don't know exactly where things stand long term.

As a tribute to your thoughtful blog posts I ordered two of your books from Amazon.com Saturday.

Can't wait to read them.

All the best.

DT

Date: September 10, 2013 07:16AM

If only everybody who got publicity was able to get their court of love stopped or, like the anointedone, never happen. Does that make it more loving? Would they all not be apostates if 1 of the 12 read what they were talking about. How arbitrary the love of the mormon god.

Date: September 10, 2013 11:31AM

Check out the new post on Denver's blog. He states a decision was made, he simply doesn't know what it is yet and is awaiting a letter that will inform him of the decision.

I find this point interesting. The disciplinary councils I have participated in all have a period of deliberation followed by bringing the member back into the room and informing them of the decision. Perhaps this council was different because Denver would not go into the room without his entire family. In that case perhaps they dismissed him and then held the "court" without him. Then a letter would make sense.

However, this period of "limbo" may connect the local leadership with the general authority leadership. I wonder if GA's are weighing the fallout in the SL Tribune and the Internet to see whether they should disfellowship, excommunicate or do nothing.

Of course this would be contrary to the church spokesperson who stated that disciplinary issues are strictly a local matter.

DT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 11:37AM by Doubting Thomas.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 07:55AM

Sometimes the point is to create the publicity so the church looks like the idiot controlling cult that it is. Whether or not that was Denver's intent, the church certainly looks idiotic right now. And a year after they did it to me. They just don't learn apparently.

Date: September 10, 2013 08:15AM

Oh, no. I absolutely believe it was not his goal to get it published in the SL trib. And that was gutsy to follow the prompting of the spirit.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: September 10, 2013 12:52PM

Currently in limbo whilst the GA's debate the potential PR fallout....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.