Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dcgsage ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 12:35AM

They have been going absolutly bananas in the mental tug of war about me (us...as in our family) leaving the church.....they are caught in the middle of a mental hell put on them by the church: that being, they need to love us unconditionally while believing we are going to hell.

Well I said something to them that seemed to work: Since our family (me, my wife and two children) are all confermed 'aspies' that is suffer from Asbergers Syndrom to varying degrees, which is a true statement, therefore have a built in free ride to salvation. They light sure came on and I was amazed that they bought it. Man, things sure are different lately.

Lucky for us I guess, we suffer so. I am sure they really think that.

I don't believe any of this but it sure helped the TBM memebers of our family to lay off and relax. I got sick of watching them go nucking futs...fretting on what was to become of us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 12:44AM

Heh heh, that has to be one of the best!! I LOVE it!! You are obviously intelligent and caring and all the rest of it, but because you have aspergers it is seen as a handicap and will get you to heaven!!

I take my hat off to you, you defused the situation perfectly!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.