Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 02:38PM

....1962 Chrysler 300G convertible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:51PM

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 02:40PM

or a dear little red pickup truck.

Gotta be red. ♥♡♥

Posted by: sha'dynasty ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 02:57PM

A Delorean. :)

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 02:58PM

1969 SS Chevelle :)

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 04:42PM

Yeah Baby! My 1st car. Just what every 16 year old needs- 430 HP, Muncie 4 speed, 488 rear end, Hooker headers, Holley 780 Double Pumper, 12 second quarter miles. 5 MPG & 12 tickets-first year!

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 03:02PM

Jaguar XJ makes my heart beat a little extra fast.
http://slatford.co.uk/Pictures%20of%20Cars/Jaguar/xj6_3.jpg

I think it's the most beautiful car in the world. I know I'll never drive one, though. Range Rover would be more practical, where I live.

Posted by: caffiend as guest ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 03:32PM

Defender 210. The classic you see traveling cross-country on the Serengeti.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 03:40PM

Toyota FJ but since I no longer drive it is a moot point. Unless I hire a cute young person to drive me around.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 03:59PM

A Rolls Royce, any year.

Posted by: Frightened Inmate #2 ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 04:16PM

You all have fantastic taste IMO, all of these cars are great!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 04:32PM

Might like a spin in a Shelby Cobra! Very impractical, and I'm way too practical. So I'll stick with the cars I love: Subaru Outback!

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 04:45PM

Hey, I have a friend that has a '73 Pantera for sale right now. Just put over $12k into the engine. I drove it just a couple of weeks ago. If your interested let me know.

Posted by: Frightened Inmate #2 ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:48PM

I'm very interested, but my wife would literally kill me if I bought that car. Also, probably not the best financial decision for me right now :)

But it's good to know that they're out there, and one day I might be able to snag one. I'm jealous that you got to drive it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2013 05:50PM by Frightened Inmate #2.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 06:05PM

Pantera's have always looked fantastic....still among the best looking Italian exotics.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 04:53PM

Posted by: Dave Bng ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 04:57PM

Tesla - Model S

Posted by: joesmithsleftteste ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:22PM

Mine too.

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 04:58PM

The Bugatti Veyron is kinda nice;

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/bugatti-veyron-164-road-test

But my tastes generally run more in common with ConcernedCitizens above. If I could really have about any car I wanted, I think I would go with a '61 Crown Imperial convertible;

http://rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1060440

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:14PM

Never been much of a car person.... I drive a lot, and I like to drive, but as long as it's reliable and comfortable, that's enough for me

However

I have always had a soft spot for the E-Type Jag http://staticassets-hrd.appspot.com/eaglgpr169odt/950x360_crop.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2013 05:15PM by EssexExMo.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:27PM

Ditto to your entire post.

Most of my life the Jag X-KE has been my favorite car.

Now I'm into reliability, and safety. I love my Subaru.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:30PM

Aston Martin DB9 Volante

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:33PM

I don't dream about cars anymore. I dream about fabulous women -- which are as unattainable to me as dream cars.

Posted by: csuprovostudent ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:40PM

I second the Jaguar E-type.

More specifically a Series 1 4.2 Litre OTS roadster in Pale Primrose with beige leather interior.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:41PM

I was just drivin' one of them...my '72 Chevy pickup...a '67 Chevelle is on that list as is a 1967 Oldsmobile Delta Custom 2 door hardtop with 425 4bbl and bucket seats....my Dad had one and I NEED one...the Chevelle is obtainable..the Olds...VERY tough to find.

Ron Burr

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 05:52PM

Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 06:01PM

Posted by: Elwood ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 07:46PM

Gotta add to the Jaguar E-type fan club. Even Enzo Ferrari admitted it was the most beautiful car ever made.

Second choice would be a 1960 or earlier Corvette.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 08:27PM

The one I have now...A little 1990 Geo Prizm... DON'T laugh, I didn't have a car for 10 years. I really learned what is was to be without. The evil bishop at that time made me give up my new 1 year old car cause he felt I wasn't paying enough tithing. Hey, HE and TSCC knew what was best for me right? He held MY eternal salvation in his hands right?? That's what he said. Aren't we supposed to do everything that the bishop ordered us to do?
I did not want a fancy car, nor a car payment. I just wanted A CAR...any car. It like me was also a rescue. That's what I wanted...an older car that I could restore to a pretty decent basic transportation car. It was one of the targeted cars during the "Cash for Clunkers" rebuild the economy idea. Just seeing perfectly good cars be destroyed has really bothered me, and it still does. My aunt says "When you are blessed with nice things you need to take care of them".
At that time, I suspect it had been sitting in a field somewhere, cause when I got it, it even had its own wasp nest in the outside rear view mirror. That told me it HAD indeed been sitting for a long time. How it escaped the smasher I do not know.
A never mo relative took over my finances after I quit the Mormons, I worked and saved, and saved, and little by little, I put together a car "fund". I bought that little car thru Craigslist, and it like me when I brought it home was a complete mess. How was that car any different than me the day I left UT? It wasn't. Through fixing it up, one item at a time and counseling for myself at the same time, I learned a lot about me. What is destroyed on the inside CAN indeed be repaired, at least to some extent. What really counts is who we are inside, and not as we appear on the outside. I plan on keeping that Geo for as long as I can. If for nothing else, to remind me of where I was when I started my journey out of Mormonism.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 08:58PM

Going all the way back to my childhood--Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 09:01PM

1960 Chrysler 300F convertible or hard top. The original Batmobile. 413 V-8 with pushbutton TorqueFlite and air....love that astrodome dash.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: September 14, 2013 09:17PM

I think this one is absolutely gorgeous!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/6825836908704978/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.