Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 01:57PM

2 beers in 2 hours at a company party. The first was a mild Italian beer taken with food. No effect. Second beer was a Heinekin, no food. Whoa! I definitely felt more relaxed after that one. I was offered a third but declined, too afraid I'd get worse and do or say something stupid.

Next thing I remember, I wake up this morning naked in a hotel room with a beautiful asian woman I barely know from an engineering company we work with!

OK, that last part was just a fantasy but I had to make this worth reading.

I've been drunk before, but that was many many years ago as a single young man fresh out of high school, before mission, marriage & kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 01:59PM

Ummm.... Congratulations?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 02:00PM

Welcome to the adult world. It's a lot more colorful. I'm so glad I'm not still living in childish mormon la-la-land. It was never any fun.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 02:18PM

It definitely made the party alot more fun, esp since I tend to be the quiet type normally. I think there is only one person in the office that is quieter than I am. He drank too, but i still couldn't hear him.
I'd like to try a rock concert buzzed now. I think it would be more fun than being sober.
Does this make me an evil spawn of Satan, or a normal adult?

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 02:49PM

missing work due to hangovers, or have black out episodes, or start drinking when you really don't feel like you want to, you'll be okay.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 03:40PM

That makes you a normal adult in my book. If you live in an area where mj is legal, try THAT at a concert. Improves the experience by orders of magnitude. For me. Everyone is different.

I'm glad we're having this discussion. Because there is a cold Abita Turbodog waiting for me in my fridge at home and it's almost quittin' time. Boo-yah!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.