Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: magnite ( )
Date: September 19, 2013 12:29PM

I've got an idea, maybe TSCC members should just participate in the run in thier garmies... :)

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56889439-78/run-undie-utah-porter.html.csp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2013 12:29PM by magnite.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SoCalNevermo ( )
Date: September 19, 2013 02:30PM

the article doesn't say it was rescheduled due to tht conference. It clearly says that it was rescheduled because of a problem with the folks who own the name.

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 10:32AM

There was NO WAY that the SlC pd were ever going to allow that run to happen the same time they were having conference weekend. The two just don't go together.That would have been funny to see though!

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 10:42AM

"The race route would take near-naked runners from Library Square, starting at 4 p.m."

Near-naked? Really. Ever been to a typical 5K or 10K? Everyone is nearly naked. Well, at least they are down here in the south.

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: September 20, 2013 10:50AM

It is rescheduled for 5:00--so conference goers can go home or join in the run! I find this whole thing hilarious--I hope there is a lot of people "walking" to the event as everyone from conference is leaving. There should definitely be a "warm-up" at 4:00 so those runners aren't running with cold muscles. Times are a changin'in SLC!

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: September 21, 2013 03:59AM

They are having problems over the name? Crazy.

Downunder we call these races "undie 500" races.

Will have to check out the pics for the race past conference goers. One person suggested "fundie run" - is that long sleeved garments? It has to be done. Wish i were there for the fun!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 21, 2013 12:05PM

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: September 21, 2013 06:24AM

TSSC says everyone's welcome in their churches, so why not route the undie run through temple square and the new conference center?

Seems to me Joe Smith and Brigham Young would put everything else aside to chase girls running around in their undies - am I right or what? ;-)

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: September 21, 2013 08:48AM

I would so totally participate in this if I lived closer, just to see the looks on the TBM's faces!

Posted by: britbritchrischris ( )
Date: September 21, 2013 11:52AM

Temple square is really busy during conference or whatever meeting is probably another reason for having it after. i would do the underwear run if i was in slc.

Posted by: releve ( )
Date: September 21, 2013 12:36PM

Maybe they should change it from a run to a slow amble. The priesthood session starts at 7:00.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.