Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: procrusteanchurch ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 11:43AM

Last night my wife revealed that she has been reading some articles on mormonthink to get additional information on some of the things I've shared. I had mentioned the mormonthink site several times, but I didn't think she would actually look it up. I thought the odds were better that donald trump would figure out how to comb his hair than that my wife would ever type mormonthink into the web browser. My wife is tbm, and I don't have any expectations that this will ever change. However, I'm thrilled by the fact that my wife is looking at mormonthink, and it means a lot to me that my wife cares enough about my perspective that she's willing to learn about things that will challenge her beliefs. Maybe this mixed tbm exmo marriage will work out after all. At least now I feel there's a decent chance that it will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 11:44AM

nice! You have a good egg there

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 12:17PM

That's VERY good news! I would assume there is a very good chance that she will either

A) come around to your thinking on the church (AKA Ex-M0)

or

B) she will get scared of the research eventually because she will realize she is losing her testimony, lay off the research so that she can continue being Mormon, but at least understand where you are coming from and in turn be more sympathetic to your "plight."

Date: October 05, 2013 12:58PM

I'd sure be happy with option A, but even the consolation prize of option B would be a drastic improvement for our relationship.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: October 05, 2013 12:20PM

We should start a pool. Put me down for 3 months from today, she's out! ;)

Date: October 05, 2013 12:56PM

I don't want to set my expectations too high, but that would be awesome if you're right. Mormonthink is such a great site and provides such well articulated arguments backed by extensive documentation, it's sure to get dw thinking about some things.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.