Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 06:49PM

I often get this after conference. Most of the time it's a Building Relationships of Trust call, but sometimes they Present the Message. Then I have to sound all exasperated and say things like "I thought you didn't want to talk about your church." One time I said that I wouldn't go back even if it was true, and that resulted in a heated exchange.

Does anyone else get calls from brainwashed family members after General Conference? I'm thinking of giving them a cooling off period of a few days before I pick up any of their calls.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 06:50PM

I sort of expect it from some of my Mormon friends but for the most part, they ignore me so I feel pretty safe. I hate it when people try to "save" you when they are the ones in the mess. Good luck with your people, Mak..

Date: October 06, 2013 07:01PM

It's nice to be ignored. :) My family aren't too bad for the most part, but they sometimes get whipped up into a Mormony frenzy on conference weekend. I always have to keep track of when it is.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 06, 2013 10:42PM

I usually get The Message about 10 days after GC. It apparently takes that long to suppress their better judgement.

Date: October 07, 2013 08:19AM

That long? Ugh, just when you least expect it! You must have them trained better than my Mormons. They call me on Sunday night after the last session.

I didn't get any calls last night, fortunately. Conference must not have been as good this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2013 08:20AM by Makurosu.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.