Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: October 07, 2013 12:30PM

I couldn't help but listen to some of GC (satellite radio carries BYU radio). It's a morbid fascination, kind of like that car wreck alongside the road...you know you aren't supposed to stare at it, but you can't help yourself. I find myself equally glad to be part of neither the wreck nor the LDS religion.

As a never-Mo, but longtime interested observer of TSCC, first, I'll say BORING! These guys are inspired? Second, as far as religion goes, even if you believed in Mo-ism, this stuff is LIGHT LUNCH. Lots of fluff, not a lot of preaching from "Scripture" (either the Bible or any distinctively Mormon standard works). So, even if you believed it, the GC seems like a tray of finger sandwiches when people were hoping for a buffet.

Then the Oakes (I believe) talk where he talked about TSCC's unchanging doctrine. I nearly had to pull over to laugh.

But most of all, the GC gave me the clear sense that TSCC is trying to apply a torniquet to staunch the bleeding. I think they're getting desperate. Anyone else see that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2013 12:33PM by stillburned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: October 07, 2013 01:17PM

Agree, and the cult is pulling the torniguet tighter and tighter. Hopefully, they will soon have to hire LOTS of surgeons to give them assistance, and this will further deplete their money bags. Unspoken fear permeated the talks. The cult only likes change that they originate, and THIS CHANGE IS NOT PART OF THEIR PLANS.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 07, 2013 02:37PM

The tourniquet is being twisted tightly around the jugular.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.