Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 02:02PM

My SIL recently posted a link to "How to improve your marriage when your spouse loses their testimony"

I know most of us prefer "discovered the truth" and thought to myself there are several little things that Mormons say that are very much an us vs them language.

Kicking against the pricks/being punished for iniquity are objectively no different then over coming trials.

Also "tearing down my religion" is objectively no different then "missionary work"

I was wondering if you guys had any examples of language used to describe why you as an outsider are so awful, when it is actually indescribable from what they do on the inside?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 03:17PM

Well I'm not sure I understand what you are asking but I will give it a shot.

First to reference your example above, they call us losers because we "lost" our testimony. Discovered the truth is exactly what it is but they refuse to accept that so they view us as losers.

Next we are under Satan's influence. Yep that evil old make believe devil has his claws into us and we are doing everything he wants us to do.

We left the church because we want to sin. We have a problem with morality or the WOW or some other horrible sin that we want to commit so that is why we left. Kind of ties into the one above I guess.

I don't know if I'm even on the right train of thought with this buddy.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:19PM

My husband and I were in Utah visiting family on a long weekend that included a Sunday Halloween. My TBM brother (who is loving, kind and sweet) asked if we will have people trick-or-treating on Sunday when we return to California. We said yes, if they came on any other night they wouldn't be getting any goodies. He said the only ones who go trick-or-treating on Halloween Sunday were Jack Mormons or apostates. That language seemed a bit piercing since we had stopped attending church six months prior--although he didn't know our status. It just sounded so judgmental. I don't remember him sounding like that before.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:43PM

I don't remember falling and I'm still here.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 05:06PM

"How to improve your marriage when your spouse loses their testimony"........

.........lose yours too.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 06:48PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.