Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Probitas ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 04:10PM

"Do you support, affiliate with, or agree with any group or individual whose teachings or practices are contrary to or oppose those accepted by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-
day Saints?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: karma ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 05:03PM

Yeah. It's a bit infuriating isn't it... The whole system is designed to keep people from researching the truth. And if you do find things you can't say anything or they'll give you the boot and tell everybody to not talk to you.

Date: October 15, 2013 07:36PM

exactly

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 08:12PM

My answer is "Why do you need to know that?"

Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 08:35PM

I think you are giving them too much credit. Most are simply unaware of the big issues and first exposure happens at such an abstract level that the only thing they understand is the dark feeling of dread in the pit of their stomach.

My plan is to goad them into deeper discussions by asserting that LDS rely on blind faith.

Posted by: not logged in (usually Duffy) ( )
Date: October 16, 2013 12:58AM

"the dark feeling of dread in the pit of their stomach"

Yes, that is *exactly* how I felt when I was a TBM whenever anybody said anything that might threaten my testimony in any way at all.

I would get very nervous and it was almost like my ears would shut down and I might as well have had my hands over them, singing, "La la la, I can't hear you!"

Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: October 16, 2013 07:04AM

LOL...no doubt! The ironic thing is that they somehow interpret that as "the spirit" warning them away from danger, though I am not aware of any scripture teaching that.

Clearly, that darkness is actually Satan trying to prevent them from learning the truth. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2013 07:05AM by facsimile3.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 08:40PM

they've convinced themselves that anything debatable is "perspective"

Date: October 15, 2013 11:31PM

Oh I love that one..."Oh, there, there confused one...it will all be worked out in the next life...don't worry about those little flecks of history...aferall, you weren't there..can't know for sure..so give the Lord's servant the benefit of the doubt...look how successful and wonderful the Church is NOW...Worry about being a worthy priesthood holder and a full tithe payer...that is what really matters. Don't get in the mud with disaffected doubters...stay clean..."

Posted by: freckles ( )
Date: October 16, 2013 12:44AM

I hope the leadership keep going....they keep saying yes there are problems with our history, our history is not perfect, come back to the church . All they are doing when they say those things is encourage more people to look it up. "What's not ok about our history? What are they talking about?" I think it's only causing people who may be on the edge to look things up. The truth shall set them free.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.