Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 01:11PM

One of the great testimonies, to me, of the divinity of this work in which you and I are engaged is the fact that those who have turned away from the truth, without one single, solitary exception that I can recall, have done so because they have failed to keep the commandments of God.

To me it is a little less than marvelous that no faithful man or woman, within my recollection, has ever lost faith in the gospel.

Only those who have neglected to serve God, only those who have not kept the light of the Holy Ghost burning bright within their hearts by obeying the commandments of the living God--they are the only ones who have lost the faith and turned away.

Heber J.Grant Gospel Standards, pg 37

----------------------
Oh how the members love to beat us in the face with that one!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 01:39PM

Since his definition of serving God includes blind faith then nobody can leave the church without disobeying. If to even question is to disobey then that covers all options.

It's like he's saying water is wet. Duh!

Stunted

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 02:08PM

So therefore Heber might as well have said: One of the great testimonies, to me, of the divinity of this work in which you and I are engaged is the fact that those who have turned away from the truth, without one single, solitary exception that I can recall, have done so because they have drunk water.

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: March 16, 2011 02:19PM

I have as of yet found an honest person with integrity remain a member of the LDS church once they find out it is a lie and run by a bunch of self serving conmen.

What a coincidence

Posted by: toppity ( )
Date: March 17, 2011 10:14PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.