Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: painginthewin ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 09:19PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 09:28PM

Yes. They apply "Honoring and Sustaining the Law" liberally.

Most importantly they define good law and bad law. Thus they only honor, sustain and follow what they determine as good law.

For example, illegal aliens are not illegal aliens, they are brothers and sisters who simply find themselves in America. Thus they are welcome in wards and in some circumstances entire branches are created and staffed to accommodate their needs.

They are given english lessons and legal advice and assistance to become legal workers.

Not saying this is wrong or right. It is just an example of how LDS leaders justifiably break the law.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 09:30PM by Doubting Thomas.

Posted by: paintingintheWIN ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 09:32PM

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 01:36PM

I would modify this to say that they are more than happy to pay less to an "illegal" to do work on their homes, but they are full throated in their support of Sherrif Joe Arpaio in enforcing the laws about illegal immigration.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 09:34PM

Federal laws are Especially Suspect:

environmental laws & regs.

Farm Subsidies? NO PROBLEM-O!

Anti-Polygamy laws? We'll get back to you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 09:38PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 09:36PM

My youngest brother is a scofflaw. I believe he has a couple of open warrants in California. He never paid his child support of many years and has unpaid fines in San Diego. My TBM father hides him in a room in southern Utah.

One of my brothers in law is a convicted criminal. He has two misdemeanor convictions for grand theft. But he attends church, so he's golden.

My brother Jeff and I take care of our families. We have no police record, but we are atheists, and, worse, Californians. We're hated by our own Mormon family.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 09:38PM

Posted by: finalfrontier ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 09:43PM

In cali, the gun laws are 'bad', and thus you'll see plenty of members that buy cali-illegal rifles and magazines in utah and arizona. Regardless of anyone's views on the appropriateness of cali gun laws, what they are doing is completely illegal.

Date: October 29, 2013 10:08PM

Zoning Laws, building codes? "It Depends..."

Posted by: brassplates ( )
Date: October 29, 2013 11:59PM

'Round here, the traffic laws only apply to the heathen hordes of jack-mormons or the offspring of those who should've continued on to California. See, if you wear magical underwear, stop signs don't apply to you. Same with red lights, yellow lights, and gawdfobid that I get in front of someone who is a YBU graduate. They fetchin' own the road before them, in the name of McConkie, Kimball, and Neil Diamond concerts.

I've had people yell at me while walking in the crosswalk to 'get a car like most of us'. I've had drivers who have hit me in crosswalks because I took too much time crossing the intersection. In the 1970's in SLC if you hit a ped, you spent time in jail or you paid hefty fines. Now, you just read about the ped you hit in the crosswalk in the next days' paper: "Man is recovering in ICU after being struck in a crosswalk by someone who was late to PEC Meetings". Second column follows: "City considers eliminating crosswalks so that late-comers to PEC meetings on Sunday won't be hassled by pedestrians."

Mormons are immune from traffic laws in all States. They live a HIGHER LAW. They have Gawd-ah-full on their side. They have magical firesuits that make NASCAR and IRL drivers shake like leaves in the wind. They can drive 90 mph on I-15 northbound in the left lane, mid-lane, or right lane because Elizabeth Smart is so pretty, and the church is trwoooh, and God hates liberals (quietly).

Their higher law exempts them from paying taxes, having to stand in lines like the rest of us; they put their feet up on the seats in fronts of them in the movie theatres. They answer their phones during movies. They get pissed when the manager asks them to leave the theatre. "I'm wearing garments in the name of pay lay ale ****head!". Then, they wait for you out in the parking lot after the movie with a softball bat that they used at church softball last Tuesday to hit an infield double. They are faithful hometeachers, visiting teachers, and hit each home they are assigned on the last day of the month.

These are the same people who have 5 dogs at home in a kennel in their backyard. The dogs get out and shitz all over my yard, the neighbors yard, and they bark at 5am on Sunday mornings. The idiot Moron owner then yells at them to be quiet, as if by some Moron magic the dog can understand the Adamic Language the gastropod is yelling. The city dog catcher has been to their hallowed home more times than their home teacher has in order to return the pooches who shitz on all the neighbors yards. Still, the Morons keep adding dogs, cats, crows, magpies, bagpipes, and piles of doo-doo to the neighborhood because they have to have their dogs for the duck hunt each year. Nevermind that the youngest dog is riddled with arthritis and needs hip replacements.

Am I angry? Am I mad? I past those two exits back over a hundred miles ago...........

These are the same people who rush like heck-fire to butt in line at Sam's Club or CostCo on Saturday afternoons with 6 children in tow. Their club card is not valid. Their ID is expired. Their CC is overdrawn. Meanwhile, the line next to you moves smoothly and without interruption because it is filled with Catholics, Protestants, Atheists, and Cave Men from GEICO ads. They pay their bills, have proper ID's, and know when to pull out.

In more ways than one. So easy even a Cave Man can do it.

Date: October 31, 2013 01:32PM

b.plates: You sir(?), should apply to be a writer for one of those late-nite shows: Letterman, Kimmel, etc.!!

Im lovin' it!

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 01:37PM

Another vehicular law that I have seen broken on numerous occasions is the quite serious breach of not restraining your child in a car seat. Even the smallest ones.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 01:39PM

I remember the TBM logic that speeding to make a temple session on time was fine, the lord would protect you from both danger and being pulled over.

That said, I saw people in nice suits pulled over on the main road to the temple more than once.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 01:34PM

I'm not TBM anymore and I know I scoff at a lot of government laws.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.