Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: oceanluvr ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 07:48PM

Sent an email to the bldg super, the bishop, the woman in charge of my calling.

Told them I was resigning my calling, what do I do with the bldg key? Told them this resignation was non-negotiable.

My tbm (ULTRA tbm) wife is furious. I refuse to talk to her or anybody else about it.

To extricate a little at a time. A lot of sh&t will go down the next few weeks

And out of the blue, my wonderful Catholic cousin called me to make sure I was okay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 07:53PM

I love your tack of not talking about it. Mystery is a really underestimated tool. Good luck. Hope this goes well.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 07:56PM

I suggest you tell your wife it's a matter of conscience and personal integrity and you're not ready to talk about it yet.

This gives some cooling off time without closing the door to communication. Without communication, you cannot stay married.

After all, this is your life partner here, someone who (we hope) loves you and wants you to be happy.

Anagrammy

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 08:01PM

She will assume from such a statement that he resigned because he feels unworthy, not because his integrity won't allow him to serve a hate cult/corporation.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 08:58PM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 08:10PM

Good luck to you on this. Hope it will work out okay for you.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 08:59PM

Thats a big step! Good job, and good luck.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:01PM

I know that you have taken the first steps down what may very well be a difficult path. However I hope that it will ultimately be a rewarding path for you. Try to keep your calm center no matter how rough things get.

Posted by: sha'dynasty ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:03PM

Congrats! All the best to you.

Posted by: No Name ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:26PM

yes I think u r doing the right thing, I wouldn't shut up and lost my wife which turned out to be a good thing, however its a lot to ask someone to look the other way after all those years etc.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:31PM

I'm proud of you for taking this courageous step. Well done!

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:33PM

I like your style :)

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:38PM

Keeping your integrity isn't usually easy. Sometimes keeping your spouse isn't easy either. I would try to explain to her whats going on. Maybe in a letter. She's more likely to read than listen.

Hopefully you come out of this with family in tact.

I admire your insistence on maintaining your integrity. It has to start some place.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:40PM

one small step for man.
One giant leap for mormonkind.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:45PM

;) clever.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:44PM

It's my hope you can have some kind of agreement with your wife and you'll be able to share your views and your choices with her as your partner.
It's not always pretty, but, for the sake of the relationship, it needs to be done, hopefully in a loving, kind manner.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 09:57PM

Courageous move when married to a TBM. Good wishes. Congratulations.

Posted by: oceanluvr ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 10:24PM

Get this. The bldg super is also in charge of the bulletin, which my wife produces for distribution.

This guy came over to tell her that some members of the ward were unhappy with the bulletin and that she would have to change it.

She put her foot down and said that she gets crap all week from her students and parents (a teacher), and that the last thing she needed from ward members were complaints about the freakin' bulletin.

So she quit her calling too tonight. I gave the guy my key and she gave him the proverbial boot.

Never rains but it pours.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 04:14AM

Good for her!

She's right. How hard it must be to teach all week and put up with complaints for her difficult weekend volunteer work. I say let one of the complainers take on the task.

What a productive event in your living room. You're both out from under those oppressive callings.

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 06:36AM

I ditto this. I used to do the weekly program for like a year and a half. It was interesting, how minds change as you go from one set of leadership to a newer one. When I first started, it was very easy. I just had to keep up with requests through email and I didn't take a tremendous amount of effort.

The change in power: later new ppl thrown into callings started to examine every word on the pages. Next, requests for me to print these after approval at 5am on Sunday. Next, complaint after complaint, preisthood interviews, blah blah, until I just said, "you know what, I got a family to feed, and this is just taking up too much of my time right now"

this was almost 10 years ago. I left the church 2.5 years ago. Had I known then what I know now, those programs would have been altered right before sacrament with all kinds of LDS approved citings. Sons a biches.

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: October 31, 2013 11:47PM

Awesome!!! That's so cool :) this is such a great story so far, I I'm hoping for the best for you both.

Posted by: ck ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 02:00AM

Kick as$! Good for you for taking that step to resign your calling, and good for your wife for sticking up for herself! Baby steps….

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 02:48AM

CONGRATS! Keep up the good work.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.