Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 03:51PM

I used to be the poor stooge that was responsible for getting the stake center cleaned every week. Every single Sunday the building smelled like shlt. Every Saturday morning I would have a crew there cleaning the building yet every Sunday morning the shlt smell was intense.

We had 4 wards meeting in the building and it was the stake center so it there was a lot of activity. The family wards would meet during the day and the Single ward was the last ward on Sundays.

We had a mothers changing room and all day Sunday, diapers would be changed. The single ward was responsible for emptying the garbage cans and they did a good job except they did not know about the mothers room and baby shlt would rot all week. The mothers room was usually missed by the cleaning crews and by Sunday, it was bad.

The inspired solution - lock the mother's room on Sundays. That went over well.

Another inspired revelation brought to you by the believers in Space God.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2013 03:52PM by themaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rexburgtoaz ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 04:01PM

My parents were paid janitors for the church, up until the church decided the members should be the janitors. We were a family with 9 kids. My mom was given a tiny severance pay to go away. My dad got to keep his job for another year until they could find a reason to fire him. The reason? They heard him say something they deemed inappropriate.

The churches were so much cleaner when they had paid janitors. Nowadays, the churches DO stink. I agree!

By the way, when you guys locked the mother's room on that particular Sunday, did that mean the moms got to nurse their babies in the chapel during sacrament meeting?

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: November 01, 2013 04:22PM

I think back to the care and love our janitor showed our building in Michigan and now cry at the sight that it became. That building was a show place, inside and out. Won city awards every year for the grounds.

Save a buck, screw a janitor.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.