Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 11:03AM

Capitol one credit card right away....
The guy looks like a freak in that super tight Suit, his eyeballs are poping out, with a shoe shine head.....

Inspires as much confidence as a male missionary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 11:05AM

BUT you've got to love that line... "every damned day."

That was/is hilarious!

(Get an American Express card.)

Date: November 02, 2013 11:15AM

You gotta wonder where's this boatloads of money coming from for Capitol one commercials hiring idiots like Samuel, Alec Baldwin.....
I get very suspicious.....

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: November 02, 2013 11:33AM

I used to work for Capital One. Capital One aggressively pursues the "underserved" market (i.e., just declared bankruptcy, incarcerated, unemployed, NASCAR enthusiasts, etc.)

In my opinion they employ usury tactics to extract money from unsophisticated customers including, $39. processing fees, $39. express processing fees, $29. fees to get favorite wrestler on card, $69. annual fees. They couple these fees with $100-200 credit limits so that when the customer receives their card and fills their gas tank once, they are suddenly over their limits. These types of customers see a first bill for $200 or more for one tank of gas and they toss the card and bill away, unaware they will be charged late payment fees of $39 or more every month until the card is paid off.

Legitimate banks make money by charging interest. The Capital One model bases the bread and butter of their business in extracting fees from ignorant consumers who don't realize they have any options.

They do so legally as many of the consumer protection laws of the past 70 years have been dismantled in the name of deregulation.

That's where they get the "boatloads of money" they use to pay Samuel Jackson and his ilk.

Date: November 02, 2013 03:17PM

They pursued my corporate checking account with offering unbelievable perks....I asked them "what is the catch here"....
Somehow couldn't trust them......

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.