Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kirchoff ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 08:34PM

I thought they simply didn't exist anywhere.
Then I went to the BYU CougarEat cafe, and they have them! Lots of them!

I'm not Mormon (yet :) ) but I would rather have something uncaffeinated if only they were available. Here, there's only one grocery store chain, maybe two, that has liter bottles available. And even fewer on the shelves thatn the regaukr stuff.

Is there any place in the world, outside of Mormon World, that also has these?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 09:29PM

I have never heard of caffeine-free fatboy coke. Only sugar-free AND caffeine-free. I guess I thought that anyone worried about the effects of caffeine would also be worried about the far-worse impact of sugar.

Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 09:57PM

I actually preferred caffeine-free, regular coke. Prior to eliminating all soft drinks from my diet.

I think you should stick with milk. From your earlier posts, sounds like you're drowning in it anyway.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 11:20PM

dark colas, like dr pepper, coke, pepsi. have phosphoric acid and take your tooth enamel off. just go with spite, tea milk or beer, or vodka. They are much safer.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 11:23PM

Posted by: hayduke ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 11:41PM

Spite

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: November 06, 2013 11:24PM

Many years ago I used to work for Pepsi when I lived in Utah County. We had CF Pepsi in 5G BIB (for fountain machines), 2L, 12-pack and 6-pack, CF Dew and Doc if not in 12-pack then 6-pack.

They mostly got sold in Campus approved housing vending machines (although some didn't care and stocked the regular versions). I remember an apartment bldg in Orem that management left a note on the machine to remove the A&W Cream Soda, cos some batches had Caffeine in it.... Stupid Cult, and Stupid Cult University.

And the effects of Sugar aren't nearly as bad as the effects of Aspartame. Corn Syrup isn't good for but is somewhere between Sugar and Aspartame.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 03:47AM

I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners, and caffeine triggers anxiety attacks.

Caffeine free Coca Cola Classic (with sugar purchased from LDS Inc's Amalgamated Sugar Co.) on tap at a Holiday Oil on Wasatch Blvd between 3900 and 4500 South in Salt Lake City. A couple of block's detour on the way up Parley's Canyon to Park City.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 07:33AM

When I was a student there (another place, another time) they had Tab. Remember Tab? That was somehow okay. I guess it was caffeine-free. They also had Fresca. That was just wrong. It's crap soda.

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 07:52AM

If you do become a Mormon you can get used to just drinking Kool-Aid.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.