Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon4now ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 04:23PM

Went to The Desert Museum in Tucson with a fellow LDS teacher. We even saw fundamentalist Mormon women all decked out in ankle length skirts and braided hair. Our curator showed us a plant called Mormon Tea, also called Brigham Tea, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_tea) and my colleague whispered, "They're just trying to make money off of us." Not sure who "they're" is, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Colleague knew about The Mormon Battalion but nothing about the Mormon Meadows Massacre. She, my colleague, took over from the curator (how rude) to explain to the class about The Mormon Battalion, here in Arizona. I should have asked her to explain the Mormon Meadows Massacre which she probably knew next to nothing about.

By the way, for a group of people that abhors tea, they sure have a funny way of showing it by naming a tea after Young and then drinking the "tea."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 04:44PM

Makes me wonder if BY died from drinking too much mormon tea.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: November 07, 2013 06:17PM

There's no way anyone could make money selling mormon tea. Mormon tea plants are everywhere in southern Utah. In some areas there are as many mormon tea plants as there are sagebrush. And besides, it's supposed to have a very bitter taste. Who'd buy it anyway? The active ingredient is very close to ephedrine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.