Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BG ( )
Date: November 12, 2013 11:04AM

A little while ago I was in the Church's Family History Library in Salt Lake City. I was really impressed by the flock of TBMs doing their genealogy and history there. It honestly reminded me of the Pixar movie Wall-E with the obese humans who had lost all muscle tone due to sitting around. The room was full of maybe 50 50 -65 year old white pasty blubbery people who look like they never get any physical activity or sunlight. People who could not walk up a flight of stairs with out getting out of breath.... W\who would die of heart failure if they had to run 100 yards or swim a quarter mile. There is so much Church activity but so little physical activity. They pride themselves so much on the word of wisdom, but their body temples are fatty little blobbles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 12, 2013 11:21AM

Maybe some of them are wonderful, non-judgmental people, whose value as worthwhile people, like all people, transcends their physical appearance.

I sentence you to watch YouTube video of Iz (Israel) Kamakawewo'ole singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

Anagrammy

PS. Yes, being in mental chains of guilt that make you accept multiple callings does get in the way of your workout schedule. ANd tithing sucks up their liposuction money. Not a surprise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 11:22AM by anagrammy.

Posted by: BG ( )
Date: November 12, 2013 01:05PM

and had a visit from his dead father telling him he was not treating his body right and change his life but it was too late.

Noting gross hypocrisy about health is not judgmental.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.