Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ab ( )
Date: November 13, 2013 03:18PM

It looks like https://www.facebook.com/ByuSecrets will not print the secret I sent them which was as follows:

I attended BYUI when it was called Ricks, went on a mission, and then BYU. My secret is that I feel silly having BYU on my resume.
Reading other’s secrets I see students with so much guilt and so much pain in trying to fit a mold too small for their beautiful souls. How would you like to be able to go back 10 years and advise your younger self? Here is what I would tell myself 40 years ago:
Joseph Smith married other living men’s wives after sending the men on missions and had his way with the girl he and Emma took in. The 15 take money from struggling families and put it into glamorous shopping malls and land in Florida. Nothing you have done approaches these acts in unconsciousness and hurting others. Repent of your repenting! Be compassionate and patient with yourself. Trust that your heart will naturally evolve into what you are capable of being. Lighten up and light up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wowbagger ( )
Date: November 13, 2013 03:42PM

check again. it is now up

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: November 13, 2013 04:10PM

I was going to ask if this was some "clean" "BYU" version of PostSecret... I see that it's not "clean" at all and actually seems to provide a place for people who've been to BYU to express some of the things that have been repressed while attending there... I'm actually kind of impressed that someone put this up and is managing it.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: November 13, 2013 04:30PM

Yeah this site is actually interesting to read. I thought it would be about silly things and only for TBMs, and although that is there, there are also quite a few exmormons supporting the feelings expressed by some of the secret sharers in the comments. I have even seen a "forget the church" comment expressed multiple times, and I only read a handful.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.