Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 11:53AM

I've seriously considered ordering a pass along card from the company that does my business cards - something simple with some mountains in the background and Mormonthink.com on it. Something I could leave at places Mormons hang out - Costco, dentists offices, plastic surgeons waiting rooms...

But what would be awesome would be if someone could design a couple of cards with either the Mormonthink.com, exmormon.org or Richard Packham's web address on them. I think there should be one with just Mormonthink on it because it wouldn't scare Mormons and maybe one with the other two on it to pass out to investigators. Then, if you could post it online for the rest of us to download and print at home, that would be awesome. Especially if we could arrange permanent links to those cards on this website and Mormonthink. I really think a lot of exmos would pass out these cards if we could easily access a website and print them at home. I'd love to do it myself but the design and web setup are beyond my current skills. Is this something we could do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 12:11PM

Date: November 08, 2013 12:14PM

Love this.

But maybe we could do one that just says:

Mormonthink.com :)

Meanwhile, I'm printing this out for my files.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 04:35PM

LOL! "donate money to the Democratic party"

Posted by: LivingontheEdge ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 07:31PM

Bite Me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ask and ye shall receive...
> http://www.roadkilldelight.com/NOM/YC7.pdf

This is really good! Funny way to introduce all the reasons Exmos don't go to church in check the box fashion.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 12:19PM

I buy sheets of business cards at the office supply store.

Microsoft office has a set up that allows you to print either an 8 card or 6 card sheet with anything you want.

I put MormonThink.com

The cards are on a perforated sheet so I can take them apart. It's very easy to make these cards. I usually print out 100 at a time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 05:05PM by madalice.

Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 12:41PM

I chose a black border and in place of the address put in What do you know about Mormonism? Do you want to know more? And added whatever site I want at the top in bold.

Posted by: notamormon ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 12:51PM

Check out Vista Print online. They occasionally have specials on cards. 100 or so for $10.

Printed on heavy duty glossy card stock, full color.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 03:07PM

Try bizcardcreator.com

Date: November 08, 2013 03:19PM

OK, so if I design two business cards, one that just says "Mormonthink.com" and one that has the other addresses, to give to investigators, is there somewhere I can post it online in case anyone wants to just be able to download the file and print it on their home computer? I don't think this needs to be official or anything - anyone who wants to design or order their own could do it. But just something for someone who wants to do cards but wants to just click and print.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 04:04PM

Date: November 08, 2013 03:27PM

See if Mormonthink will give you a high res file of their logo.

Having all artwork match (in this case logos) gives a nice professional appearance and one piece of art will reinforce the other.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 04:33PM

I just had a look at the MS word business template and pasted in the Mormon think logo from the site (same as the bill board, posted on the bill board info page).

It works quite well, the logo is longer and narrower than the card template, but it works OK with white spaces. you could put the addresses for rfm and Richard's site on the back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 05:36PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 07:44PM

I've been wanting to do this for some time. If someone makes one up - maybe use the freeway sign image, I'll put on MT somewhere. Go to MT homepage and click on first story

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2013 08:33PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 09, 2013 04:48PM

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: November 08, 2013 09:55PM

3rd EDIT:

The MormonThink business card to emulate the freeway signage is finished. MT will make it available shortly.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 12:18PM by jiminycricket.

Date: November 09, 2013 11:22AM

Depending upon the kind of printer you have in your home, your actual costs for printing may be higher than using an internet printer.

That ink for inkjet printers is expensive. Yikes!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 09, 2013 04:14PM

After looking at the options places like Vista Print were much less.

Posted by: bob11 ( )
Date: November 09, 2013 04:26PM

BITE ME is my new hero (since I am still waiting on anointedone to come through)

Date: November 09, 2013 10:09PM

Sounds like, now that everyone has weighed in, the best and cheapest option is for people who want cards to pass out should design their own, using information important to them, then order it from somewhere like Vista Print. Considering the costs of printing them at home and everything. Thanks for the input.

Date: November 09, 2013 10:17PM

The Business Cards with the MormonThink Logo to match the Freeway sign are finished. High resolution originals in pdf files @ http://mormonthink.com/glossary/mormonthink-pass-it-on-cards.htm

Posted by: bubbaboy ( )
Date: November 11, 2013 12:37PM

jiminycricket Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Business Cards with the MormonThink Logo to
> match the Freeway sign are finished. High
> resolution originals in pdf files @
> http://mormonthink.com/glossary/mormonthink-pass-i
> t-on-cards.htm

thanks

Date: November 11, 2013 12:38PM

Yes - thanks. That's exactly what I was talking about. I'll try to print some off today.

Date: November 11, 2013 01:19PM

You may want to know that the style currently listed on MT's website will soon be called Style A - It matches the color scheme of the I-15 Freeway Sign. There will be a variety of styles to choose from including:

Style A is the full color version with blue background
Style B is a white background version with tan stripe
Style C is a white background version with no tan stripe
Style D is a black and white version

They are simple and good-looking with super high resolution pdf files so that no matter what source you use for printing, the results should be excellent.

Hopefully MT will have all the STYLES uploaded within the next 24 hours. All are created to give a cohesive coordinated appearance.

Posted by: Darkfem ( )
Date: November 11, 2013 01:28PM

Thanks! These designs are perfect!

Date: November 12, 2013 01:46AM

All 4 business card styles or Pass-It-On-Cards are NOW available for EVERYONE to use. They are on-line with 4 different options to choose from in 4 styles depending on your needs, desires, and printing resources. Three styles are in color and one is completely in black and white. All styles allow printing a single card, or a sheet of 10. All styles have options with QR codes too! All are in high definition dpi resolution so any reproduction should come out at its best.

All are accessed via the MT link of their freeway b-illboard announcement on their home page under "Top Current Stories," or in the MT Mormon Glossary at http://mormonthink.com/glossary/mormonthink-pass-it-on-cards.htm

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 10:23AM by jiminycricket.

Posted by: meadowlark ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 01:43PM

I would like to order several thousand of these cards printed by an online printer. Then I want to distribute them.

I don't know who did the work to create the templates on Mormonthink.com. Would whoever did that be willing to doctor these to meet the specs of my online printer? I need them to have a .1 inch bleed and crop marks, plus 350 dpi. If that's not to hard it would be a great help in my project!

Thanks for the work already done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2013 05:39PM by Susan I/S.

Date: November 15, 2013 03:11PM

Who is the on-line printer you are referencing?

Would need to see their requirements for the mock-up first --before MormonThink were to upload any additional formats for each of the 4 styles.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: November 15, 2013 04:47PM

I'm going to Arizona for a week. I just printed out 2000 of these on those pre perforated sheets you get at office supply. They came out perfect!

They look much better than the ones i've been making on my own for the last three years!

The card sheets I had on hand have a faint marble design printed on it. It looks great underneath the printed message. M ia ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.