Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: November 18, 2013 12:56PM

The three women in the Primary Presidency were all at the lectern giving a combined speech.

Mormons have no idea how completely Culty and insane they appear in these broadcasts.

Watching it made me ill, as I realized that there was a time in which these creepy women with their absurd delivery and nonsensical message would have seemed normal.

Now their nauseating Utah Mormon accents, droning away with their clichéd Mormon Cult-speak makes me depressingly aware of the extent of the damage done to the minds of my TBM relatives.

Mormons think that all the crying they do is a reaction to the witnessing of the Holy Ghost (another ridiculous term AND concept).

I think that the tears come from that unconscious place deep inside of them that realizes just how fucked up their Culty lives really are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 18, 2013 01:33PM

style over substance; that's the LDS way!

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: November 18, 2013 01:47PM

I didn't see that conference, but I tune in to KBYU occassionally. Like you, after about five minutes I start getting litterally nauseated at the content of the message, the accents, mormonese, etc. I've seen them to the dou-talks, especially husband/wife team up. I think the duo/trio stuff is cult(ure) in the making. Never used to see that. Glad it's not just me. Can't believe I spent a life time of that cult. Eeew. I'm not from the morridor. I have always detested that accent, that mormoney sound, that high pitched Minnie mouse voice, etc - but because I was indoctrinated, felt I had to endure. Now I laugh at the cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.