Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: November 27, 2013 08:42PM

These things make me want to puke.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-bernardino-county/san-bernardino-county-headlines-index/20131127-yucaipa-lds-stake-presents-family-values-award.ece

I can remember the big deal wards would make in selecting "Teachers of the Year." YM and YW would vote on their favorite teachers, the ward would buy a crystal apple, they would hold a ceremony at the meeting house on an evening, the bishop would then stand and say what a great teacher this person was, and off they went.

Nothing wrong at all with recognizing good teachers, but it was all so contrived, and the whole blasted thing was billed as a publicity stunt and a "missionary opportunity," because golly gee the teachers' hearts would be all so touched by these nice Mormon kids.

To my recollection not one teacher of all the dozens I saw recognized this way ever joined the cult as a result.

And in the case of this one (link) I find it fascinating that the awardee just "happens" to sit on the city council.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 08:42PM by left4good.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.