Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 12:03AM

They all look wonderful, real and lovely!!

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 01:31AM

So beautiful! :)

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 12:10AM

Weird.....to see a naked woman sitting with a picture of the temple in the background......

Makes me glad about 2 things....... that I wasn't invited to participate....... and that I never got stretch marks.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 12:12AM

Nothing brings out the nutty better than a little bare skin

Equals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

x20

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 12:36AM

For some reason this pictures set me into a rage.

Where are the men? Where are their scarred and battered bodies? Where is their appreciation for what these women have gone through to bare their children?

I gave birth to children. For some reason I never had a single stretch mark. I have no idea why. I could never understand what all the bitching was about. Women complaining how having children had ravaged their bodies. Now I get it.

I don't know why I didn't have a stretch mark, or why my breasts never sagged. I do know that my husband has NO CLUE what most women go through. My body doesn't show the scars. My breasts look better than most 25 year old women. My belly is flat and you'd never guess i'd had 3 children. My husband thinks this is how all women in their 60's look. If we divorce, or I die before him, he's in for the shock of a lifetime.

He wasn't around when I had my children. I was married to someone else. He thinks having babies is NO big deal. It's not fair that he gets to the age he is, and is so clueless. He's never experienced REAL physical pain. How does someone get to be so lucky? I don't think he's ever seen a woman who wears all of the scars of pregnancy.

He's never felt or been through the kind of pain that a woman goes through. I admit that I carry some resentment about that.

I do believe in Karma.

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 01:47PM

Speaking as someone who has lived through far more pain than childbirth, unlike you, I do not resent people who have not lived through my pain.

It would be a dick move on my part if I did.

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 02:22PM

I am sure that most men can appreciate what their wives go through and see their women as beautiful before, during and after pregnancy, human flaws and all.

I don't understand your rage...

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 12:54AM

I agree, NO ONE who has not had a child knows the level of bodily commitment it takes to bear one. That is why I think the photos are SO lovely, no pumped up fake breasts, no artificially flattened tummies. These women are PROUD of their stretch marks and saggy breasts, because they got them having and feeding children. GOOD FOR THEM!! They are real women, proud of who and what they are, and what's more, able to throw the whole modesty thing in the face of tscc. BRING IT ON GIRLS!!!!

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 12:57AM

+. I am such a pot stirrer - I posted this to FB for my TBM 'friends' to read!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 03:21PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 03:25PM

For those who never got stretch marks--I had twins. I'm almost 6 feet tall. At 6 months along, I noticed one morning after getting out of the shower that stretch marks had fanned across my lower abdomen. Not just one here and there--a fan in ONE DAY. They continued to grow up my abdomen. I used to have a FLAT abdomen. My sisters were always envious that all I had to do was skip a meal and my stomach looked like it would scrape my backbone.

Sure, I don't like it. My boyfriend doesn't seem to mind. I'm certainly not the specimen he knew in our 20s.

I went through the pregnancy. The marriage, separation, etc., were much more damaging. I'd do the pregnancy over again in a split second, no matter what happened to my body. There is worse pain than pregnancy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 03:25PM by cl2.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 05:17PM

So far.....crickets....like ignoring a misbehaving child. But, I did get a like from a non-mo!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 01:04AM

Good for them. I predict the church will react to this reasonably and understandably. Or was that excommunicate the lot of them? Either one is likely.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 09:22AM

Depends on their Bishops or SPs.

Remember what happened to Chad Hardy

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/07/14/maker-shirtless-mormon-missionaries-calendar-excommunicated/

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 09:42AM

this kind of grass-roots action undercuts the patriarchy where it hurts, it's a kind of a Boston Tea Party.

I myself doubt that the central church will direct or mandate retaliation, but as we know, individual leaders think they know better / can set the standard they individually believe to be best.

this will somewhat act to divide younger 'free thinking' women from older 'traditional' women, which is also something undesirable to MoLeaders.
Too bad few LDS women will learn of this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 09:58AM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: exittime ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 10:52AM

I know one of the women pictured there, and did a bit of a double take when I clicked through. Amazing photos, and (I'm sure) amazing women.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 02:53PM

This made me teary-eyed. Those women are beautiful and brave!

Ten years ago the models would have been disciplined and the calendar maker/photographer would have been disfellowshipped or exed. Nowadays...I don't know. It will depend on her local leaders and family connections.

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 03:29PM

Here's the project website. Has stories or poems by the ladies in the pictures.

http://mormonwomenbare.com/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.