Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 07:07PM

No joke, I was told that before having sex it was important to show respect for the holy garments of the priesthood I was wearing by not letting them touch the floor and carefully folding them and placing them gently upon a table or dresser. Allowing garments to fall to the floor was a sign of disrespect. I did not know I was wearing the flag of the holy priesthood. Any pole jokes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 07:11PM

That is the dumbest rule i've yet to hear. Really?
How about flinging them in the air and letting them hang from the chandelier?

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 07:17PM

my mom used to laugh piss in hers and fart...sorry Jesus!

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 11:11PM

Lol.... good thing I'm not wearing garments right now, cause that made me laugh REALLY hard!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 07:18PM

Like you said, it's material you purposely lay upon your genitals...not a fucking flag

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 07:22PM

funny ass sh8t!!!!!

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 07:43PM

Wait..... You take them off before sex. I thought they were to always be worn and kids we conceived through the garment.

I actually just wadded and tossed. I was about to get laid.

Posted by: trog ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 11:00PM

This is more or less official church policy, as stated in Handbook 2 21.1.42:

http://www.lds.org/handbook/handbook-2-administering-the-church/selected-church-policies?lang=eng#21.1.42

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 11:59PM

They shouldn't be worn or hanging up in view of people who don't understand their meaning.

HELLO! People. Stop wearing those freak things in front of your kids. You're traumatizing them. Nothing is worse than seeing your parents parade around in garments. UGH.

The other thing that caught my attention. Mend them. What? I thought you weren't supposed to do anything that may alter them in any way. Mending is altering.

Nevermind that I lopped 5 inches off the legs of all my G's. I laid them on top of DH's and cut them the same length. We're the same height. His were 5 inches shorter. I have a machine that put the same edge back on after I cut it off. I then put a zig zag mark on the knee. God did not appear and strike me dead. In fact, he was probably laughing if he was paying any attention at all.

Posted by: Mark ( )
Date: December 04, 2013 12:58AM

One case where ending is better than mending.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: December 04, 2013 03:10AM

My SIL has now taken 2 pics of hubby with kid in his G top, and posted to FB, where you can clearly see the symbols and they are TBM...

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 11:08PM

Interesting cause I am in the service industry, and I often saw angel shorts tossed behind bdrm doors, tossed on the bath floor, thrown here and there, and lets not even mention that laundry mountain in the laundry room where angel shorts are wedged in and around it. Hmmn?

Posted by: Ragnar ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 11:32PM

"not letting them touch the floor and carefully folding them and placing them gently upon a table or dresser"

That describes my ex-wife perfectly!

And - IMMEDIATELY afterwards - she had to put them right back on, before satan overtook her with evil, erotic thoughts.

She was crazy...

Posted by: want2bx ( )
Date: December 03, 2013 11:42PM

A ridiculous rule mostly because I've always found it completely impossible to neatly fold garments, especially the corban kind.

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 05, 2013 02:22AM

Heh heh, let me assure you this little former molly mormon - did NOT do that. As far as I can remember they used to end up somewhere at the end of the bed, under the covers or rolled up under the pillow. Too much info?? Sorry Heh heh heh!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.