Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 09:46AM

To see in Opposite Sex?
I'll share mine; Tattoos.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon4This ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 09:50AM

Watching my DH light up with another woman walks into the room. He doesn't even need to know the woman. She could be a total stranger.

In the past I have suggested he gets a room.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 09:56AM

A pannus that extends below the shirt hanging out in order to hide the pannus.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:20AM

is if & when He acts on it. And unfortunately we all have that opportunity & possibility.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:24AM

Too skinny. That's about it..

Posted by: Xanthippe ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:36AM

kolobian Wrote:
-----------------------------------------
> Too skinny. That's about it..
=========================================

Oh, well.
Your loss!

I've been skinny all my life, it's just me, the way I am. I eat like a horse too. I've always been super-sensitive about it, people just love making mean remarks to me that they would never say to a fat person. Guys would say mean things about me not looking like a "real woman" whatever THAT is! One woman told me that it was people like me who gave young girls eating disorders! ("Huh? I never knew I had that much influence!")

No one is perfect.

Date: December 06, 2013 12:27PM

Yeesh. Sorry! Jesus!

I'm sure you don't fall into the category I'm talking about. Let's all just settle down now...

Posted by: Xanthippe ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 03:28PM

Aw, not a prob, you're fine, just sort of got me in the ego, y'know?

What I do now if someone has something to say, I tell em if they don't like me skinny, to feed me, take me out to eat and I will stuff my skinny self on their dime!

Date: December 06, 2013 03:31PM

Nice :)

Posted by: someone ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:26AM

I'm OK with non-offensive tattoos and most piercings, but for some reason those earlobe discs freak me out.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:31AM

Bad teeth and too skinny.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:35AM

Face tattoos. I like the other kind but anything on the face. Same goes for piercings. A guy with a pierced ear - fine. But on the face, I find less attractive. The only exception is girls who pierce their dimples - those can be cute. But I see the face piercings and all I can think of are the acupuncture charts/shiatsu charts I studied in a college class I took and I think people are unintentionally messing up their energy, possibly causing health problems (if you believe in eastern medicine) by putting a permanent block in their lines of energy. I see a health problem - not self-expression.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:35AM

Seeing them light up, smoking is a major turn-off for me.

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:49AM

Garments!

Posted by: anonwoman ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:51AM

Pot belly with pants slung beneath it.

Chest hair peeking out over the shirt.

Untrimmed mustache, especially if it comes down over the upper lip. I don't want to kiss that -- ewww.

Big, thick beard.

Socks with sandals.

Untrimmed/long nails (especially toenails!).

Wiry hair protruding from brows, ears, and/or nose.

Baseball caps (unless you're playing baseball).

Wearing the same shoes with EVERYTHING -- especially if they're also work shoes. Wearing sneakers with everything.

Stained/dirty/wrinkled clothes.

Wearing jeans to every function/occasion (wedding receptions, opera, fancy parties, etc).

Wearing sunglasses indoors or at night.

Non-visual but still a major turn-off:

Too much after-shave or "catch-a-woman" deodorant/body spray.

Lack of dental hygiene.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 12:22PM

anonwoman Wrote:

> Chest hair peeking out over the shirt.

Ha! For me, that's a major turn-on.

Posted by: Craig ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 12:33PM

> Big, thick beard.
>Wearing the same shoes with EVERYTHING -- especially if they're also work shoes. Wearing sneakers with everything.
>Wearing jeans to every function/occasion (wedding receptions, opera, fancy parties, etc)

Well I have a big thick beard(goatee) and I wear my boots and jeans everywhere so I guess if you saw me you would be prompted to toss your cookies.

On the other hand I constantly have women come up to me in stores and just about anywhere I am to tell me they love my goat so I guess I'm not too repulsive.

The only thing that turns me off visually is a woman with tatted sleeves. I think the female body is a thing of absolute beauty regardless of how slim or heavy it is and I just hate to see it completley covered in ink. Other than that I enjoy looking at the female of our species.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 10:55AM

Gages. I don't want to see a giant hole in your earlobe. And I still don't like multiple earrings and piercings on the nose. Must be because I was raised that only one per ear is good.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 12:18PM

I'm more interested in personality and brains than looks, ut bad hygiene is a big one.

If someone has a great personality/intelligence, I can overlook things that annoy me like Ed Hardy everything, camo fashion, white socks with black shoes, etc...

Piercings, gauges, tats don't bother me at all, unless the tat is really stupid. I'm not even particularly disturbed by implants either. Being immersed in counterculture, you grow used to these things as normal. While I think facial tats are not a smart idea, I also understand the cultural significance for people of Maori heritage.

Different strokes.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 12:19PM

Dirty fingernails.
Bednar hair.
Bling.

Posted by: time2go ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 12:28PM

Bad hygiene. Oral hygiene is the first thing i see on anyone.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 12:37PM

I don't mind some ink, even sleeves on ladies, depends on the person. What I don't like is prematurely or unnecessarily frumpy. Modest is not hottest

Posted by: ftw ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 12:44PM

Obesity.
Many tattoos.
gauged earrings.
Facial piercings.

Posted by: Jobim (can't login) ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 12:57PM

Tatoos, the larger the worse (I'm a 39 year old male, nevermo, grew up in a very liberal society); piercings; bad breath; smoking; not being able to have an intelligent conversation; body odor.

Posted by: nobody in particular ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 01:02PM

I don't much care for mustaches, especially in the absence of other facial hair. I don't really like beards unless it is a close-cut, impeccably groomed goatee or whatever those narrow little beards that outline from the sideburns down around the outline of the face are called -- those kinds of beards are attractive IMO. (The World Series was not as fun to watch this year because all those potentially handsome faces were covered up in disgusting, dirty-looking, unkempt bushy beards!) Bad hygiene of any kind is a turn-off. And I don't like the stiff, straight-laced look (suit and tie, other business-looking, formal attire). Smoking is a huge turn-off for me by looks, smell, teeth and breath, and desire not to breathe it into my own lungs. Middle aged guys in fancy sportscars look less-than-impressive to me, as well. (I am middle aged so it's not an age thing....I just think an "older" guy should know by now he's so much more than what he drives and doesn't need his car to make that statement for him.) Excessive, overdone body building is also unattractive to me (think Mr. Universe type stuff, not talking about nicely defined but still natural looking muscles). Bling in the teeth/mouth (scum-free, clean, white teeth look better than gold or jewels or other decorations in your mouth).

On the flip side, I think a baseball cap (sporty with a curved brim, worn frontward or backward, not particularly the urban flat brim thing) instantly makes a guy cuter. Throw in some dimples and clean-looking stubble on his face through which I can still catch glimpses of his skin and you've got my attention. I like a more casual look for mens' attire -- clean and well fitting but something that doesn't look like you're trying too hard and doesn't make you look like you're on your way to church or a business meeting. Gotta throw in, though, the biggest turn-on is personality and how nice he is regardless of how he looks. Even stuff I don't normally find attractive could be attractive to me if I grow to like that person on the inside (except I guess bad hygiene would still be gross).

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 01:05PM

Really good looking people. Usually they have gotten thru life on their looks and when you look inside they are pretty ugly. I don't trust them, nor do I befriend them, I avoid them.

I have found people who have some feature that most find undesirable are the ones who have lived with the discrimination and are more kind to others because of it.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 01:08PM

Untrimmed fingernails on a man..... so creepy

Women who are too "sivier"...... as in, very intense, or strung too tight. Again, somehow it creeps me out.

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 03:24PM

Protruding nose and ear hair is a major distraction. Short, clean nails is a must! Well, except when hiking, of course. :)

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 03:24PM

How do long nails help with hiking? ;)

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 03:33PM

I don't like dirty nails. Other than that mostly anything is a go for Me. I love tattoos On guys! And tattoos and piercings on girls!

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: December 06, 2013 04:53PM

Honestly, can't think of a single item.
No turn off (and am very visual).

Greatest turn off is nonstop banal logorrhea.

So perhaps it is when the tongue is the most prominent feature.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.