Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FMLHITA ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 09:20PM

Just found out my TBM wife has invited her folks to spend Christmas with us.

They accepted.

F.M.L.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Grams and Gramps I just hate the stupid games we have to play when Grandma is in the house. With her everything can be neatly divided into two categories, Appropriate and Inappropriate. She uses a combination of the Temple recommend questions, what would the Savior think, and TheStillSmallVoice to determine what goes where. As you can imagine, just about everything is completely inappropriate! We all get jittery and nervous when she's around because we have to constantly be on guard to avoid a nasty tongue clicking. This woman is completely "correlated" and is only too happy to help "correlate" the entire world.

I get one precious day off for Christmas this year and now it's fucked all to Hell.

A little Vodka hidden in my punch just might help me make it through Christmas Eve. She's going to insist on re-enacting the Mormon version of the Nativity, My kids are all teen-agers and older and they hate that kind of shit now. Won't stop her. She'll put a robe on my son and a wire-tinsel halo on my daughter and make me read chapter two out of Luke. Maybe I'll get buzzed enough to actually tell that woman what I think of her religion. That would keep them from coming back for a long, long time but it would really piss off my wife. Better limit the vodka.......

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 09:29PM

anal religion

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 10:30PM

My never a Mormon sister has obnoxious "Christian" relatives with the emotional maturity of spoiled 12 year olds.

She has had to tolerate their 'visits' on occassion.
Since they have a poverty mindset they only see things myopically as in a tribal mentality. You must conform to their tribe since you married their son/brother.

One year as they were rightously blessing the food she'd prepared for them she thanked God for vodka. She found it is very good in small amounts added to what you are drinking when you have selfish self abosorbed RUDE relatives visiting.

She also found a way to not interact with them and have them leaving thinking she was wonderful...She serves a big pancake breakfast. She has her own plate in the kitchen and eats while they shovel the flap jacks as fast as she can serve them in the dining room. They never notice she isn't at the table with them and she can have a bit of peace....:D!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.