Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 11:28AM

no matter whom you marry, you are marrying your brother or sister. But since there are supposedly worlds without end and an endless supply of gods and goddesses out there, why is this incest necessary? Why is god such a pervert that he forces every one of his kids into an eternal incestuous relationship? Or is it just on our planet that he does this to us? Are all the other gods perverts too, or do they let their kids get married with the other gods children?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 11:33AM

I can't forgive God for banging his own daughter to produce a son.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 11:50AM

According to mormon god's eternal plan of salvation, god has many wives. We are therefore most likely to be half brothers and sisters. Not full brothers and sisters because that would be weird!??

The god of the old testament likes it when half brothers and sisters reproduce. Abraham and his wife were half brother and sister, and several nations came from the fruit of their loins.

Adam and Eve's children had no choice but to breed with their siblings. God doesn't like full siblings breeding, so god gave Adam more wives, who happened to be Adam's daughters, because that was more pleasing in the eyes of the lord!??

Inbreeding is only a problem if you believe in evolution. The mormon god has no official policy on whether or not evolution is true, therefore inbreeding must be okay.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 12:41PM

According to Joseph Smith and other profits, we aren't LITERALLY god's children. We've existed as intelligences as long as god has existed. He only organized us into spirits in the form of a physical body somehow. Not sure how intimate relations between heavenly father and mother turns existing intelligences into spirit children...I'm sure it will all make sense in the hereafter.

However, as Potato mentioned, we ARE all, according to mormon mythology, children of Adam and Eve. I'm not sure how humans survived considering all the inbreeding going on early on.

Posted by: bvd ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 12:51PM

Don't you get it? Elohim is our god, so we give birth to his spiritual children, Elohim and Eloher give birth to intelligences which obviously are the offspring of Elohim's god, and the cycle continues up and up. As god once was man is now, so that has to mean god's god gave birth to god's intelligence into spirit form before he was birthed by his earthly mother to experience manhood. But wait, that contradicts the doctrine that god is the same yesterday, today and forever. So.... wait.... WTF???

Posted by: who knows ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 03:33PM

Only in Mormonism are you God's literal children.

Christianity says we are God's creation and can BECOME God's children thru faith in Jesus Christ and His attonement.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 03:39PM

I'm sure thousands of mormons ask this question every week...

I assume they mean we're all God's children spiritually, not genetically.

Brigham Young did teach that Adam was God, so according to him, we're all genetically descendants of God, but the church doesn't teach that anymore.

Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 03:59PM

Well, the thing is, according to mormons, spirit bodies are indeed bodies, just made up of "finer matter" and god is the father of our spirits. And the idea of getting married in the temple is to be able to continue using your procreative powers in the CK. So I assume they mean what they say, which is pretty bizarre.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 04:24PM

Brigham Young Discourse on October 8 1854.

Wilford Woodruff's diary hails it as "the greatest sermon that ever was delivered to the Latter-day Saints since they have become a people".

Per BY:

"Then I reckon that the children of Adam and Eve married each other; this is speaking to the point. I believe in Sisters marrying brothers, and brothers having their sisters for Wives. Why? Because we cannot do otherwise. There are none others for me to marry but my sisters.

'But you would not pretend to say you would marry your father and mother's daughter'

If I did not I would marry another one of my sisters that lives in another garden; the material of which they are organized is just the same; there is no difference between them, and those that live in this garden, Our spirits are brothers and sisters, and so are our bodies, and the opposite idea has resulted from the ignorant and foolish traditions of the nations of the earth."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.