Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 07:55PM

Security? My employer gives us quarterly bonus(if we make our sales goals). My Christmas bonus was a little over 1k but after taxes it was around $770. My year to date is only a little over $7000. How is itithat make too much money? $7300 might of been a lot back in the great depression. Its not much in todays world at all. It's peanuts actually. Now if that 70k instead of 7300 instead we'd have a different story...

So tommorow my dad are going to be paying our local social security office a little visit. I have lots of my old pay stubs to take down there too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 08:15PM

Good luck to you tomorrow!!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 08:20PM

I hope that all of your questions get answered. You may have some decisions to make once you have all of the facts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2013 08:20PM by summer.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 08:28PM

It would help to know if you're referring to SS for individuals with disabilities, SS for the retired, or some other category. Each has different eligibility limits.

Also, if your take-home on a $1000 check was $770, it seems you should either take a lot more exemptions on your W4 or you're making more money than you think. $7000 is just a hair above the personal exemption of 5500, so there's no way you should be paying the 26% or so rate in taxes after you pay the employee side of FICA.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 16, 2013 08:57PM

Alpiner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would help to know if you're referring to SS
> for individuals with disabilities, SS for the
> retired, or some other category. Each has
> different eligibility limits.
>

Yes, I believe that for SSI (supplemental for the disabled and elderly), a person can only exempt about $100 of monthly wage earnings before the benefit is docked dollar for dollar.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.