Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 10:17AM

One theory is that the universe was created as an incubator for God, who once formed and becoming master of time and space, creates it again.

I guess we could see the NSA as bringing us one step closer to an intelligence who sees all and knows all.

Young Billy, kneeling in prayer by his bedside, says, "Heavenly NSA, should I go to college or go to work for my uncle?"

NSA runs the calculations and says, "For your age and skill group your SATs are a little low to be competitive. On the other hand, with your uncle's cholesterol, he'll be lucky to make it to 60. Go to work for him, you'll inherit the business. I can steer a few contracts your way to help you out."

"Oh thank you Lord," says Billy.

"And Billy?"

"Yes NSA?"

"Think about dating Suzy Norman. You two are a great genetic match. And tell your mom she lost her keys again. They're under the couch cushions."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gosmith ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 12:58PM

I used to work at Ft. Meade as a contractor and Government employee. I was never really impressed with the place and found much of the work boring. On the other hand, the work that I did for the CIA, as a software engineer, was far more interesting as the CIA does more close-in collection. Many of the NSA employees/contractors come from very disfunctional backgrounds, such as abuse. A very messed up place to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2013 12:58PM by gosmith.

Posted by: Phil o mighty ( )
Date: December 17, 2013 07:55PM

I thought about working for the NSA in 2009. The position never got funded because of the continual resolution for the budget. Cyber warfare was put on hold for awhile. A contractor may be treated differently now with the snowden leaks. 80 percent of ft Meade Sys admin contractors got the boot during the clean up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.